Guns & Gowns : A tale untold

To celebrate Hamilton on Disney+, I wrote this oneshot. With the au being the 1780-1800's. I'm a huge fan of Broadway & Lin-Manuel Miranda's works. Continue reading if you wish. Part two will be written soon.

With the gas lamp giving light, the lady continued her sketching on her journal. A design of a maroon ball gown is what she drew. Her pencil glided on the page. For a moment she paused on her endeavour. The lady glanced at the open window. Cold air swept over her beautiful face. She lightly shivered as the cold November air entered in the room. She sighed then put her pencil down, “I guess this will do.” She groggily took a piece of parchment and a quill. She began writing the letter addressed to the designer while rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes.

Dearest Lady Lucas,
I am pleased to inform you that the designs for the latest ballgowns are finally finished. Once you've received this letter, it will come with my journal. The journal holds the new designs. I wish you good luck sewing these and I will personally come to town on the day after Friday. I have informed my mother that I will be helping with the sewing yet I have been asked to come home right away when the gowns have been finished. As you've heard, my father has hopped on his ship and is on his way to New York for the war. The dresses must be finished as the winter's ball is quickly approaching. I wish you goodluck and safety madam.

Yours truly,
Sarada Uchiha.

She stood up and searched for an envelope. Once an envelope was spotted, she folded the letter and enclosed it inside the envelope she recently found. She took a stamp and sealed the envelope. A knock interrupted her, the young woman opened the door and there she saw her mother. “Mother, is everything fine?” the older lady shook her head and smiled at the other. Her only child was spitting image of the one arriving soon, her father. “It's nothing, my love. I have come to inform you that your father's ship from France is quickly approaching the docks. I believe your business must be hurried, the general will be hosting ball as soon as he arrives.” Sakura said with a genuine smile.

“Oh, that! I believe I have to inform the footmen to bring me into town right away if that's the case. I have to rush the dresses. Charlotte won't be able to make these with the ball approaching soon.” Sarada said as she hurriedly stripped out of her nightgown and slipped into a corset. She opened her wardrobe and took a red dress. She dragged her trunk along with her as ran down the stairs of the household. “I'll inform Julio about the carriage. You needn't worry, my love.” her mother informed her as she assisted the young lady with her trunk. Silently, they unlocked the front door. The carriage arrived and the door was opened for the young lady to enter. “I wish for you to finish this right away. Although I'd have to inform you that I'd be going with your father to war. General Hatake asked for me to join lady Tsunade in healing the soldiers. Your father expects you to attend the ball, the event would be our last day here in New York.” Sakura said as she scratched her head. The door then shut and her daughter looked down on her and chuckled. “Alright mama, I'll do my best. I'll see you soon.” And with that, she was off to town.

They soon arrived at her workshop with Charlotte Lucas, a close friend of hers. The footmen assisted her with the trunk. Once the trunk has been dropped, the carriage left and went back to the Uchiha estate. Sarada knocked on the door. A few moments later it was opened by lady Lucas herself. “Sara, there you are! Whatever are you doing in town this late?” the other designer asked. “I was informed that the lieutenant's— papa's ship is approaching the harbour in a few days time.” Sarada said sheepishly.

“Oh! Lieutenant Uchiha's arriving! The ball! Oh, we need to hurry!” the other exclaimed and let Sarada enter their workshop. “Ask Madeline to take the trunk into your room, we mustn't slack off, the winter's ball is approaching on the 7th of December and it's already the 24th of November!” Charlotte said as she called her maid. The two quickly made way to the fabric room to begin.