Reason #2

Two, they always remember to take out the laundry from the washing machine. 

With the both of them having full time jobs, they had to strictly schedule their errands. One of these said errands being laundry day. Having been together long enough, they've already got their fabric softeners and detergent memorized. He's known for a very long time now that too much fragrance could make her skin itchy whilst she remembers the brands that irritate his and active some of his allergies. 

It's adorable. Their little system, it's adorable. 

Driving home from the university he worked at, he passed by the supermarket. Taking a quick turn to find some parking space for his car. He remembered that he had to pick up some detergent as they've run out just recently. With his task, he briskly walked to the store. "Get it over and done with." He said. 

It's a cold december. Winter was just around the corner. The chilly air was coming soon and he'd have to double his sweaters to avoid catching a cold. Wear gloves everytime he decided to go outside and some earmuffs to prevent his ears from getting frostbitten. Winter in Japan was merciless. The cold was merciless. 

He could feel the frosted leaves beneath his feet. Hear their crunch as he stepped on them. Reminding him of his days as a child. His childhood that he shared with the love of his life. Growing up together, they'd spend their days playing around. Jumping into piles of leaves during autumn and picking flowers from the cherry blossom trees that flowered at spring. He reminised the days of his youth. 

He took note of the frost that decorated the windows of the store. It was a reminder that snowflakes would be falling soon. His hand reached for the knob of the door.He twisted it gently which opened the door.  A tiny bell attached to the door rang, alerting the owner that a customer has entered. 

The store had this peppermint smell to it. Of course, candy canes were on sale this season. 

He quickly went to the laundry supplies and grabbed their usual detergent. He also took a box of this tea his wife was talking about. With all the things he needed on hand, he approached the cash register to pay. It wasn't a busy day, hence there were no lines that could inconvenience him today. 

The young man at the register recognized him. The young lad is one of his students at the university. He took his course, Psychiatry. "Professor! It's nice seeing you around here, sir." The pupil greeted with a smile. "What brings you here today?"

"I had to grab some detergent today and I've figured I'd get my wife a box of that tea she was talking about." 

"Forgive me for intruding but how long have you been married, sir?" The lad asked, obviously interested. With a raised brow, he convinced the professor to answer. "About seven years actually. Got hitched at around our late-twenties. She had just gotten out of law school and was working at a firm whilst I just started my recedency then." 

"With all that on our plate, we barely had any time. Although the seven years are actually worth it."

"That's quite a long time now, sir! How do you manage with time being scarce? Who does the housework like laundry?"

He smiled as he thought of an answer. Glancing at the detergent he was purchasing. There, there was his answer. 

"Young man, because I remember to do her laundry."