#13 [ONE-SHOT] - Rain loves my company

College AU (There is another.)
+ implied Moceit if you squint
Word count: 3182
Summary: Throughout the day, despite the fact he liked it, Virgil kept hoping for the rain to stop once he gets finished with his lessons, due to his lack of clothing. Unfortunately, the weather works against him... or does it?

Today is going to be a good day. Bullshit.

Virgil started the day with this thought in his mind as he sat up in his bed before doing some breathing exercises. Just as Patton always advised him to do. He really was the father of their group.

It was a typical warm April day and due to this month being capricious, today was hot, unlike the previous days. You, surely, could never know what to expect or what might come next. Judging by the weather, our emo decided to switch his usual warm black hoodie with purple patches to a purple flannel with a T-shirt underneath but kept the black ripped jeans, the beanie with plaid print patches on it and his black fingerless gloves, to prove that he didn't fully throw away his fashion taste because of an atrocious outside force we know as the weather.

Goodness, he so wished he did..!

After triple-checking if he had packed everything, Virgil finally managed to convince himself to be considered as ready to go and leave the dorm, punctually at 7.00 to arrive 30 minutes before the lesson could begin. Just in case.

However, as a habitual worrier he, too, had a feeling that something had been missing.

It took two lectures and sight of the grey horizon outside for Virgil to realize that he hadn't heard one the most soothing sounds he could've imagined in a long time: the dance of the raindrops. For a temporary time, he completely forgot about his worries.

Until...

It was true that the rain always has been one of the things that calmed him down and now he got what he desired... but wasn't happy about it. In the gate of the college, stood he there dumbfounded... with no umbrella packed.

"For fuck's sake. I'm not made of salt." he tried to pay no mind to it while frantically looking around "Okay, how do I do this?"

He took a glance at his bag by his side, grabbed it, and put it above his head.

"That would do."

He frowned, cursing himself all along the way for being optimistic and not prescient for once. Completely drained in his thoughts and conspiracy theories what could've caused this issue of his attitude to life doing a 180 turn, Virgil successfully blocked every noise that wanted to reach him. Was his mind switched with someone else's? Who else could be that absent-minded and-?

"Who's the dumbass now?"

Virgil was startled by not feeling like he's being treated 'very well' by that humongous shower from above and a confident and smooth voice that sounded oddly familiar.

Right... that was another sound on his list.

"I've been crying your name for like ocho veces, Long face!"

Virgil looked up to have Roman and his umbrella that flourished with its rainbow colors revealed above both of them.

"Rather call it," he motioned to his face at the word it "Karma is a shitty person."

Roman looked up for a moment and dramatically extended left his hand to let the raindrops freshen his dry hand, then turned to meet Virgil's eyes again until it clicked.

"D'oh..!" he clenched his teeth "Fortuitously, your prince charming has come to the rescue!"

"Ugh. Charming...!" the shorter scoffed.