#7 [ONE-SHOT] - Seeking Peace (2/7) - //Onto Calm Town!//

Word count: 1840

Virgil wasn't a too frequent guest in Roman's room, but he had an idea in his mind of its outline.
Nevertheless, his expectations took a double backflip and landed on their faces.
He was aware that the prince was extra and exaggeratively passionate about everything but the room itself had a kind of brightness that if Virgil hadn't squinted his eyes, he would've gone blind because of it.
That was just too much for his dark and edgy viewpoint.

"...-as an important role! You should feel special that I allowed you to EVEN take a step into this sacred kingdom of mine! Vomedy Central! Are you even listening?!"

-as an important role! You should feel special that I allowed you to EVEN take a step into this sacred kingdom of mine! Vomedy Central! Are you even listening?!"

Roman's fingers snapping struck Virgil like a bolt from the blue, which he was quite ashamed of because he wasn't usually the one who got scared of some noise.

Too close....! Oh why.

"W-wha..?! Sorry, I wasn't-"

"Of course you weren't!"

"Then what if you repeat it!?"

That boiling tension burst Virgil's metaphorical bubble and he was inches away from having an actual mental breakdown, as the huge dark circles under his eyes suggested.
Roman wanted to hide his surprise to that reaction by striking back with a frustrated stomp of his foot on the ground.

"I said that we're about to go somewhere that has a special place in my heart, and that you-...!"

The sudden pang of guilt didn't let him finish, as his unknowingly longing gaze met Anxiety's chocolate-colored eyes.

He had to stay calm.
He didn't plan to disappoint anyone.
He had to give in and put his pride aside for now.
For the sake of *the love of his li* Virgil.

He cannot just let his instincts take over in order to risk his chances with him! He shouldn't talk to him this way... He doesn't deserve it.
Roman didn't deserve Virgil at all...

But he wanted to bring him the happiness he deserves.

"...you'll hopefully adapt to it easily."

Virgil's eyes widened in shock as he heard the last part of this sentence.

No remark?

No arguing back and forth?

No quarrels until death?

Is that a dream that was caused by the brightness of this fucking room?

He had to put aside his snarky attitude he'd demonstrated to the royal side previously if he wanted to get better and soothe his nerves.

"Oh." unbeknown to Roman, Virgil felt the same pang of guilt just like him as the bags under his eyes began to intensify "My bad. I-I shouldn't have reacted that way."

"No! You- I wa-..!!"

For the first time in a long while, Prince was... nervous.

Virgil, what are you doing to me..!?