#11 [ONE-SHOT] - Seeking Peace (6/7) - //Home again!//

Tooth-rotting fluff
Word count: 674

"Home sweet home!" Roman sighed dramatically as he and Virgil reappeared in his bright red room, which wasn't so bothersome for the latter anymore since he only was capable to see the world through pink lenses.

"That was... frickin'..." he held the flowers to his temple "...amazing...!" it was all he could blurt out and suddenly slid down his hand.

"¡Uf! Ahora, call that a journey! ¡Genial!"

Throughout, Roman's explicit excitement, Virgil used the time to take a look at their still connected hands, only leaving himself to grow even more flustered.

"Th.. thank you..!" he squeezed Roman's hand, not looking at him "...Again. You did help to make me more at ease, Roman."

The taller smiled softly, simply admiring the person standing next to him, still holding his hand.

"Ah, please." he gently took Virgil's left hand with both of his "I am more than willing to help you, Virgil."

As things should be, maybe to show off chivalry or just affection (the latter is more probable), Roman took a light bow and let his lips contact softly with Virgil's knuckles, who in return was left speechless and had his cheeks spread massive seeds of bloody red roses above his white foundation. No one has ever displayed such a gentle gesture towards him.

 No one has ever displayed such a gentle gesture towards him

"I, too, had a jolly time with you, sweetheart." both exchanged glances "I propose we do it again another time."

Virgil on the other hand, still speechless because of a huge knot in his throat, remained mute and just nodded thus moving those dark roses up and down instead, while feeling his heart wanting to burst out of his chest.

Later, Roman slowly let go... If anything it was the moment Anxiety realized how much they missed out because of their rivalry in the past.

"Welp!" he clapped his hands "I should head downstairs. Farewell, Stormcloud." he saluted "Hope to see your gorgeous face later." and winked before he sank, which left the number of beats in Virgil's heart increase in his chest.

After a tense moment, he realized that he was left there in the middle of Roman's room, and managed to speak up again when his prince disappeared.

That one sentence, he couldn't force himself blurting out when they were in the Imagination.

"Roman yo-..."

"Oh! By the way, Virge! I made sure your phone would land in your room!"

Virgil couldn't care less about his phone, for once in his life..

He turned to look in the mirror and was stunned by the bouquet he was holding, in both of his hands now, and the snow-white flower behind his ear.

And a thought suddenly hit him like a truck.

"I only went to the Imagination to make myself at ease but would've never expected to become even GAYER for Roman AND EVEN KISS HIM?!?"

He didn't regret trusting Roman for once.

- -

Roman teleported into the Commons.

"There you are, slugger!" Patton's cry was heard from the kitchen and got louder as he ran to the prince, flooding him with many questions "I was so worried! Are you okay?? Where is my dark strange son?!? Is he okay no-?!

But before Patton could've hugged him-

"¡PADRE! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED!" Roman screamed "YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW VIVID VIRGIL'S IMAGINATION IS AND HOW ASTONISHING AND WONDERFUL HE IS! HE'S SO BEAUTIFUL! HOW DO I EVEN DESERVE THIS EMBODIMENT OF A GOD?!? I MEAN, I KNEW I LOVED HIM BEFORE DESDE HACE MUCHO TIEMPO IN FACT BUT HO-"

"Roman, slow down a bit." Patton held his shoulders, trying to calm him down.

"Slooooow." Roman escaped Patton's grip and went to the couch "How should I do that when so many things happened?!? It's not that fácil!" he plopped into the depth of the cushions dramatically.

"Now, take a deep breath and tell me everything at a slow pace, okay?"