"Don't get mad because I'm right," Isaac said with a shit-eating grin. I threw a pencil at him and stuck out my tongue.

~

We had just about finished when Deaton and Chris rushed into the room with an unconscious, injured Scott.

"What the hell happened?" I asked, shooting from my seat.

"Kate happened," Chris said. He went into a brief synopsis of what he knew.

"Where's Noah and my dad?" I asked him.

"They're at the hospital. I got Scott out of there and called an ambulance. They're gonna be okay." Chris said and I sighed in relief, leaning against one of the counters. I looked at Scott, who had a huge bone-like knife sticking out his side.

"Okay, I'm gonna pull it out now. Get ready to hold him down." Deaton said. Isaac, Chris, and I made our way around the table. Before Deaton could start, Scott took in a deep breath and opened his eyes. "Hey, there. I was actually hoping you would be out for a few more minutes."

"Scott. This is going to hurt." Chris said, gripping the knife. Scott yelled in pain as Chris pulled the knife out. He almost fell off the table with his squirming but Isaac and Chris caught him.

"You all right?" Isaac asked.

"Where's dad and the Sheriff?" Scott asked me, panic in his eyes. 

"They're at the hospital," I told him.

"They're both doing fine," Deaton said putting a gauze pad on Scott's wound. "Hold this."

"Mmm-hmm," Scott said, placing his hand on the gauze pad. "It was Kate. It was her and the Berserkers."

"We know. But they move fast. And they don't leave much in the way of tracks." Chris said.

"We have to find her. She's got Violet. I think Violet knows where Liam is." Scott said and Deaton held up the knife.

"Then as much as this hurt, it could probably also help. Can you get a scent?" Scott sniffed the knife and nodded his head.

"Yeah, I can find them," Scott said.

"They have a pungent scent," Isaac said. "Let me help."

"Okay, we'll head out as soon as Scott heals," Chris said.

"I'll be good in a few minutes," Scott responded.

"Let's get ready to go," I said.

"Actually, Mac, we need you to stay here," Deaton said and I groaned.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"I have to run out for a while and I'm gonna need someone to watch over Brett. He should be waking soon." Deaton said. I pouted. I wanted to help kick Kate's ass too.

"There might be more assassins out there, and he's not in the position to protect himself," Isaac said, quoting my words from earlier.

"Fine. Whatever." I said, moving back into the waiting room. Isaac followed me to get his books together.

"Plus, this way you'll get some alone time with him," Isaac whispered to me and I glared at him. Which caused him to laugh at me. When the guys started heading out, I stopped Chris.

"You got an extra gun on you?" I asked. He stops and tosses me one from the back of his pants.

"What happened to the one I left you before I went to France?" He asked.

"Noah confiscated it," I told him. I wanted to have one on me just in case some assassin got in here. I didn't want to burn down the vet clinic with my fire. Better safe than sorry.

Soon after that, I was by myself. Well, not exactly with Brett still unconscious on the couch. I went back to my homework. I quickly finished the last bit of it and was admiring the fun Chris gave to me when Brett regained consciousness. He jumped up noticing me and my gun. His eyes a bright yellow and he growled at me.

"Calm down. I'm not gonna hurt you." I said placing the gun on the table in front of me.

"You're the girl from Beacon Hills. The water boy." He said, still looking at me in fear and anger. "Why are you trying to kill me?"

"Team manager and I'm not trying to kill you. I actually helped save your life. Plus if I wanted you dead, you would be already."

"Why would you save me? You don't even know me." He said.

"Because they're after me too," I said, flashing my Phoenix eyes. He looked at me shocked.

"What are you?" He asked.

"A Phoenix. Now, will you sit down because you're making me nervous?" I said. His eyes turned back blue and he cautiously sat back on the couch.

"What's going on? Why did that girl attack me?" He asked.

"Because someone wants all the supernatural creatures in Beacon dead," I told him, starting my explanation of everything we got figured out so far.

——————————

This one was so hard to write for me. I didn't know where I wanted to put Mac.

Let me know what you think?

1397 words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.