Not much changed in her friend situation, her friends still acted distant and weird around her, Fitz still was avoiding her. She missed when they could hang out normally, before they found out.

She still hadn't felt ready to contact Keefe, she longed to talk to him again. She really missed him. Gipping her imparter tightly, she tried to force her mouth to say his name. She just couldn't bring herself to do it.

Sophie had been allowed out of her home to go to Foxfire that day for midterms, she wasn't to go anywhere without her guards.

Her teachers thought she had to take the exams, or she would flunk the level and have to do it again.

Sophie woke up that morning with a new sense of energy, she changed into her Foxfire uniform that she used to wear almost every day. But that was before everything that had happened.

She went though her morning routine quickly. She was excited to be doing something normal again, but at the same time, she was dreading how everyone would stare and whisper about her. After all, she had been exempt from school for a few months. And after she just appeared for midterms just to disappear again after them?

"Good morning." She smiled at her parents as she came down the stairs.

"Well someone's in a good mood." Grady teased her with a smile.

Sophie heard Edaline laugh softly from the kitchen. "I'm in a normal mood, thank you very much."

He chuckled and ruffled her hair. "No need to get defensive. It's cute, you're glowing Sophie."

"I most definitely am not." No matter what Sophie did, she couldn't make herself stop smiling. Despite her best efforts, a small smile still grazed her face.

"Yeah, you kinda are." Grady laughed.

"Grady will you stop pestering her." Edaline saved Sophie from more teasing from her dad.

"I am doing no such thing." Grady mockingly gasped and placed a hand on his chest. "How dare you assume that of me."

Edaline laughed. "Calm down and set the table, will you?" She told him, waving a spoon in his face.

Grady grabbed the spoon from Edaline with a smirk, and started to set the table.

"Is there anything that I can do?" Sophie asked.

"Oh no need, we've got everything under control." Sophie felt that they weren't just talking about making breakfast.

Sighing, she sat at her spot at the table while her parents walked around her, doing all the work.

From that moment until she left Havenfield, her parents didn't let her do anything to help them.

"Are you sure you don't need any help here?" Sophie asked her parents again. As she was about to go to school, anxiety started to eat away at her. Thoughts were flying through her head as to how people would react to her at school, not many of them pretty.

"We'll be fine, go to school!" They called back to her.

Sighing, Sophie and her guards stepped onto the leap master.

The light whisked her away and in a moment she found herself at Foxfire. When she appeared, a few students gaped at her.

Sophie pulled her hair as best she could in front of her face, keeping her head down, she walked briskly through the halls of Foxfire.

However, speed walking down a crowded hallway with her hair in front of her face probably wasn't too good of an idea.

She crashed into someone.