The Cut That Always Bleeds •

"I don't love you anymore." Amity said as the rain poured heavily on both of their heads.

Luz was befuddled by her lie and at the same time her heart sank down to her stomach. Her brain couldn't function, nor process the words she just uttered so effortless.

"I'm sorry but i can't do this anymore." Amity whimpered. As she turned around, Luz grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards her before she could take one more step.

She looked at her, Amity's shut eyes dripping with tears mixed with small drops of rain water. "Let me go." Amity pleaded, as she met her hazel eyes.

The hazel eyes that once looked at her with so much love.

"Amity... Don't do this to me..." Tears began to fall from her eyes. "Don't leave me like this..." Luz pulled her into a tight hug. She could tell amity was resisting, and it was personally the most painful thing she had ever felt.

"What did I do wrong...?" Luz softly muttered.

Amity heard it.

She fought her tight embrace and forcefully let herself go from Luz's arms... And when she was free, luz earned a hard, and painfully loud slap.

For her, she understood that it was because she didn't let her go, nor could she accept that all of what they have been, was down the drain in just one blink.

But for Amity...

Amity slapped her for the thought of blaming herself in this situation. Why must she blame herself rather than her? couldn't Luz just blame her? Why couldn't she say such harsh things to her? She wondered. Although deep down she probably knew why luz blamed this upon herself...

The slap stung Luz's cheek like multiple needles penetrating her skin, and it felt like a hot wax from a candle was being poured onto the surface of it.

It hurts, but it hurts more seeing the look on Amity's eyes.

The eyes that once pleaded her to stay, is now forcing her to leave.

...But somehow she couldn't.

There's still hope, that's all that she could think about.

But, is there really hope?

Maybe there is, maybe I should fight.

... But do i have to?

Amity doesn't want this anymore, and she couldn't force her on that, it isn't right... And even if she did stay, maybe it'll be out of pity anyway...

But how could she leave? With the knowledge of Luz being hurt by her past relationship in such a horrible way, just why would she leave her the same way?

After all these years... After all the pain and the hardships they both went through?...

For nothing?

Luz looked down and tried her best to hold back those painful tears. She got down on both knees, and sat at the heel of her feet. In an instant, Amity's eyes widened, she felt a hard stab on her heart when she noticed Luz on the ground, why would she do that?

She didn't deserve Luz kneeling down like this on the sharp road... She shouldn't beg... She shouldn't humiliate herself like this...

Luz, please... Stop making this hard for me...

"Get up, I'm not taking anything you say." She says with a shaky voice and a clenched fist. "We're done... That's it!" She swallowed the thick lump in her throat after she said those words, it sounded painless, but it hurt her the same way.