34

°°°

°°°

"We are restricted to kill this girl. Highness allowed us to torture her and gave you the responsibility to control her brain but she's a mortal human being after all. She has endured much in these 24 hours. What if she accidentally dies? You will be punished for that. Don't you think we should give her a break? Give her more 24 hours to heal and then start experimenting again." Jaemin explains, gazing at Mark who's confused.

"You are right tho best friend." Mark grins at Jaemin.

With a little hesitation, he comes towards me and holds my shoulder to stand me up as I don't have enough stamina left.

"I'm taking her to lock in a room." He says to Mark who nods. Rubbing his eyelids with his fingers, Mark lets out a long sigh. Air whistles in and out of his throat, "Strange. Something is strange about her." The door lock clicks as Jaemin hums and takes me out from the lab.

My legs...do they still exist? It's so difficult to walk when my whole body is still feeling the tingling sensations that I have had to tolerate some moments ago. Nonetheless I try to push him away and maintain my balance.

"I didn't expect this from you Na Jaemin aka the loyal vampire servant." I scowl. His expression remains same- cold and icy, just the opposite of how he was back to there in earth. To my astonishment, he doesn't move as I take this chance and slowly start stepping backwards.

"You can't run away from here. Where will you escape anyway?" He stares at me. I gulp and make a sharp turn off the path, not waiting anymore. My legs feel as though they are blended together and he can easily catch me but he doesn't even move. Rather, he's staring at me blankly.

I push tall weeds out of the way as I struggle through thick underbrush. This is probably an ancient royal palace and I don't think it's possible to escape from here but I can hide right? I need to stay calm. Somewhere nearby, I hear howls. I take another sharp turn towards the aisle, beads of sweat are gleaming on my forehead. I spot a wide, curving ramp in the center. I run to the ramp and start to climb. Grabbing the metal railing on the side, I half pull and half push myself toward the top. My legs feel as if they have weighed a thousand pounds as I climb higher and higher. I finally reach the top with my throbbing legs and run onto a wide, flat terrace. A vacant room is attached at the corner. I'm really exhausted and this place is vacant. Maybe I can stop there for some minutes. I enter into the room, so many colours that it is almost blinding me down. It takes me a few seconds to see a figure. I stare at the figure more clearly as he turns to me. My eyes widen in hopes, "SOOBIN?"

"Sora, I'm here to take you. Let's go." He smiles at me.

How's he here? I thought he wasn't allowed. Why's he in this room? There's something off and why's he smiling?