"And with Cain?" I spit out.

His eyes darken. "You two will burn the world down."

"I don't believe that," I say, but my voice falters.

He shakes his head sadly. "If Cain is fire, you're napalm. You two are far too corrosive, far too explosive to last. Mark my words, if you choose Cain over Thane, you will shake the earth and there will be aftershocks."

"I love him," I tell him, and my voice cracks.

He looks at me in sympathy. "Not as much as you would love Thane. Thane understands you in ways you don't understand yourself. Thane puts out your flames, Cain fans them. Thane was made for you, and you him."

My fist tightens around the dagger. "Shut the fuck up. Cain is my mate and I do not want Thane. End of discussion. Give me back my fertility or I throw his cursed dagger in Blood Lake and never look back."

His eyes narrow. "Do that, and you will never have pups. As soon as I'm freed, I will give you all the pups you desire."

I grind my teeth together. "Even when I choose Cain?"

He rolls his eyes. "When you free me, if you choose to ignore my advice and not go with your true mate, I will still grant you pups. Despite what a horrible, horrible choice that would be."

I hate him, the God standing before me. But if he was my only chance at having pups, I had to do as he says, with the exception of leaving Cain. "Fine," I speak through clenched teeth. "What do I have to do to free you? You said something about a total eclipse in two weeks?"

Helios looks pleased that I'm agreeing to aid him. "Yes, young one, there is a total eclipse. It will occur two weeks from today. You will have to traverse through the dimensions and stab Selene with her own knife. It won't trap her, but it will free me, and once I'm freed, I will stab her with my own knife made of sunstones, and she will be trapped in there forever, just as she had done to me."

I stare at him in bewilderment. "Why do you say that like it's simple? Traverse through the dimensions? What does that even mean? And what, it'll be easy for me to kill a fucking Goddess?"

Helios frowns. "Well, I'm not too sure about the dimensional travel. Go to a Seer, ask for advice on that. As much as I wish I knew everything, my powers are too diminished to know what's going on in every corner of the world. A Seer can help with that, a skilled one will know what to do."

Great, just great. "And killing the Moon Goddess?" I scoff.

Helios smiles slightly. "Ares, you are fated to free me. It is written in the stars. Your Gift has made you an incredible warrior- the strongest one who has ever lived, and who ever will live. It is your destiny. You will free me," He says darkly, and I'm not dumb enough to miss the clear threat.

He continues, "The stars have aligned perfectly for you to free me. Everything you have been through happened for a reason. I have no doubt that Selene has tried sabotaging your journey, but destiny is funny like that- you can't fight it. It is why you will end up with Thane, one way or another," He warns. "The stars will not allow for any other outcome."

"You're wrong," I insist, anger coursing through my blood. Cain is mine- and I am his. Stars be damned.

He just shakes his head and smiles sadly. "Oh, to be young and mortal," He pauses, and the light around him flickers. "I do not have much strength left, and I won't be able to project for much longer. You must visit a Seer. They will guide you."

After considering his words, and before he disappears, I dare to ask another question.

"Lucille mated with the Landon. What happened when the Alpha returned to find out his mate slept with his Beta?"