Chapter 4 | Azur Lane

->|<-Fuhrer's POV->|<-

It's only 6 in the morning and it's too early to wake up now. That's what I was thinking about when I was trying my hardest to stay asleep.

The sound of small objects smacking onto my room's window went on and on and on... You know what I mean. It must be windy today if it's like that. The noise kept getting more annoying as time went on, my body began to toss and turn on its own, trying to brush off the irritation.

When the annoying pattering on the window ended, I finally thought that I could finally get back to sleep. But as soon as I began to lose consciousness, the sound of loud rumbling and crashing sent me a chill down my spine.

My eyes immediately widened and I jolted up into a sitting position, with arms out ready in a combat position.

It honestly brought back some pretty annoying memories of times when I was trained to be ready for combat at all times. I glared daggers at the window and let out a low growl. Going back to sleep now wasn't an option...

Fuhrer: *Sighs* "What a drag. Why world, why won't you let me sleep?"

I asked but as always, I never got a response. I mentally face palmed myself and flipped the middle finger at nothing...

???: *Chuckles* "It's rare to see you all startled, and that birdie salute just made it even funnier."

Fuhrer: "I see that you've finally awakened... Skadi."

For your information, Skadi is the spirit of the ship I was infused with. Believe it or not, she's also manifested herself into some kind of 'symbiotic' monster that grants me enhanced strength, endurance, regeneration, agility, etc. She was born when an old friend of mine gave me some kind of baptism to help save his kind, to which I was ok with because it sounded cool.

If I were to say, I've known Skadi the longest of any of my close friends. She was a bit ummm... Overbearing at first, a bit naggy at first but she's nice. She's good at listening and has a good sense of humor. She's also kind of like my advisor when it comes to making decisions. Believe it or not, but Skadi was the one who helped me pick out rings and the date and time for the day when I proposed to the Yamato sisters. And I owe her greatly for that.

Since Skadi is what you would call a 'symbiote', Skadi essentially becomes a sort of suit of armor that enhances the physical skills listed before. And as you can already probably guess it makes me look like a demon. But enough of that, let's get back to the story...

Skadi: "My apology, old friend. After the last battle we had, it took quite a lot out of me."

Fuhrer: "Then what about that thing with me waking up after 5 years?"

Skadi: "Hmmm, I believe it was more of a 'heat of the moment situation."

Fuhrer: "Oh."