Chapter 8 Levy, Shadow Gear, and Temple of Ruins

Akari was up somewhat early to meet Levy and Shadow Gear for the job. She definitely wasn't a morning person. Banette was next to her as well trying to keep her awake.

"Akari!" Levy called out with Jet and Droy tailing behind.

"Hey, where are we going?"

"We're going to take a train to Melina, and then we have a trek to the ruins around there," Levy explained.

"What type of ruins are they?" she asked as the group boarded their train.

"So ancient Callifrean, I think. I'm not too sure, but they had this symbol that looks a lot like the one from your book. The circle one."

"Really? That would be interesting." The circle symbol was a Poke ball which wasn't native to this area.

Melina was a few hours away so the group settled down for a nap the rest of the train trip.

***
Banette woke everyone up when they arrived in Melina.

"Have you met with the client yet, Levy?"

"Yeah, I talked to them on a communication lacrima."

The group started on their trek to the mountains. Both Jet and Droy couldn't stop talking about how much help they were gonna he and impress Levy. Banette wasn't all that impressed because it kept pulling their hat and hair.

"Banette, stop!" they told it, but it just laughed at them.

Soon the group made it to the entrance of the temple. It was a pyramid like structure with an overwhelming amount of moss covering it. It also looked sunken down into the ground a bit. Akari walked over and examined a rune mark on the outside. It looked like an Unown, but she didn't know which one.

Levy led the group down a hallway which had many of these figures carved into the wall. Eventually they came across a door with three different panels down it.

"What do you think Levy?"

"I'm thinking we either hit them in a certain order or we hit a certain one.," she told everyone.

"Banette, can you go through and see if what the mechanics are?"

Banette flew into the wall and popped in front of the third panel which Akari pushed. Banette flew to the second one and then the third one again. Akari pushed them in that order, and they opened.

"Thanks, Banette," Levy said, "That's pretty handy."

The group continued until they came across a fork in the road. Akari then called out Riolu.

"Riolu, you know what to do."

Riolu pointed down the first hallway, and they followed him along.

"You know Riolu, I should find a good nickname for you. Since Charlie evolved, I know you're wanting to follow him and evolve too," she commented.

Riolu nodded his agreement. Maybe a T name or an R one?

The hallway opened up to a room with several stones on the walls a locked box in the corner. Akari felt like this was very familiar to her. This was similar to the cave she had been in before arriving in Fiore.

Levy inspected the lacrima stones while Jet and Droy danced around.

"I think they're symbols to different elements. If we hit a certain one, something will appear. I bet one is a key to the lock box in the corner," she explained.

Levy gently tapped a few with her Light pen before one transformed into a key. Banette took it and fit it into the lock and turned it. The box opened up a set of stairs that led down.