"I was going to kill you too, but your dear friend Ava had stopped me and told me that I could use you later on" he smirks at her and his grip tightens around her throat, "But I have learned that I have no use for you because you're worthless just like your mother was."

"I am going to enjoy watching the light in your eyes vanish as I choke you to death, just like how I did nineteen years ago with your mother" he growls and his grip becomes tighter around her throat. She closes her eyes to not give him the satisfaction of seeing her lose the life in her eyes.

'Is this how it ends?' she thinks to herself, 'If I die here, then I can see my mother again and Ymir.'

'But what about Levi? And Eren? And the sea?' a voice mumbles in her mind, 'Are you going to let yourself die without seeing the beauty of the world, without fulfilling your promises?'

'I'm not strong enough' she reasons with the voice and it scoffs at her.

'Then die' the voice harshly says and she feels her body weaken. 

Her life was slowly dwindling and she knew that it would be the end. She knew that if she died by his hand that there would be no chance of coming back to life. She smiles at the thought of never having to live again. She wouldn't have to live with the pain of being a burden on her friends.

However, Levi's face flashes in her mind and tears slip through her closed eyes. He would be so mad at her if he knew that she let herself be defeated so easily. He would call her an idiot, a brat, annoying, and so many other insults. She chokes out a laugh and Nikolas glares at her.

"Why are you laughing?" he asks and her red vibrant eyes flutter open.

"Because I'm an idiot and a brat and annoying" she cries out and his hand's grip loosens around her neck. She drops down to the floor.

She brings her left hand up. Nikolas' blood begins to burn under his skin causing it to melt in his arms and legs. He kneels down as he screams in anguish at the burning sensation. His hazel eyes are glued onto her beaten face.

(Y/n) had blood dripping down her nose, eyes, and ears as she concentrates on his body, "I want to live!"

Nikolas screams as his organs rupture inside. His skin rips open, spraying blood, tissues, and melted organs everywhere. Her eyes watch as his hazel eyes lose their light and his body falls backwards. 

"I...I killed him" she mumbles and brings her left hand to cover her mouth. 

Her body caves into its extensive injuries and she falls to her side. Her eyes turn back to their normal color. She heaves short, raspy breaths. She lets a smile break through her horror-stricken face.

Her head becomes too heavy for her to lift so she lets it rest on the cold ground. She felt her body become numb to the pain, "I kept my promise. I will die with him."

Her (e/c) eyes close and she hears explosions in the background. Frantic screams rip through the empty crystal cavern and gunshots go off. She counts in her head the seconds that go by to keep herself conscious.

Two strong arms wrap around her frame and she feels her body get carried through the air. She wished she could open her eyes to see who had picked her body up, but she was too weak. Her body is gently placed on the ground.

Her black jumpsuit is cut open, revealing her chest and a note is slid into her sports bra. The person who had picked her up had suddenly vanished from her side. She felt water hit her exposed chest. (Y/n) knew who had slid the note.

She feels the power of a titan's transformation through her body. Two strong arms wrap around her figure again and lift her up somewhere. She hears her name be called. Whoever was calling had slapped her cheek hard.

Her (e/c) eyes open slowly and focus on the blonde-haired girl in front of her. Historia was glaring down at her with pure hatred in her eyes, "(Y/n)! You are not allowed to die! I order you to not die!"

A noise escapes (Y/n)'s mouth that sounded like a muffled laugh. Her parched, bruised lips open slowly, "I...I...killed...him...tell...Levi...that...I'm..."

Before she could finish her broken sentence, her world turns black and her body falls back into the arms of Historia. Her friend frantically screams at her to open her eyes and goes as far as slapping her (s/t) face again. However, she stops when she realizes that it had no effect on her. 

Historia sobs uncontrollably at her friend's beaten body. She never got the chance to properly talk to (Y/n) about her feelings or sadness. She cries out as she holds (Y/n)'s body against her chest. 

--------------------------

I'm not good at writing fight scenes so I hope it came out okay. I hope you guys are catching up on where Ophelia and Nikolas are really from. I really hope the path this fanfic is taking is good plus there are still many unanswered questions.

Hope you guys are enjoying it so far.

~toffy59