For the week before Halloween, the host club was running a special event of it's own involving all hosts dressing up as vampires. Me, Haruhi, Hikaru and Kaoru turned up to find the place hung with dark drapes and full of elaborate Halloween decorations.
'Hey there.' The twins greeted as we entered.
'You guys are late. Hurry up and get changed.' Tamaki-senpai, who had a squealing fangirl in his arms, complained.
'Oh, from now until Halloween day...'
'We're skipping club activities.'
'By your leave.'
Tamaki-senpai looked aghast. 'What? How come?'
'We have a class event until Halloween, so we're busy getting ready for that.' The twins announced cheerfully. They really were in high spirits.
'Then it really can't be helped.' Kyoya sighed, obviously concerned for his profit margins.
'That being the case, carry on!' The twins cried dragging me and Haruhi back towards the door. I gave my fiancé a small wave as we made our retreat.
'Hang in there!' Honey-senpai cheered.
'Wait, wait, why are you taking Haruhi with you!?' Tamaki-senpai demanded.
I raised an eyebrow at him. 'Senpai which year is Haruhi in?'
'First...'
'Right and what year are we in?'
'...first.'
'Right.'
'What does that have to do with you taking away my Haruhi!?' I face palmed and Hikaru gave him an evil look.
'Well Haruhi is in our class after all.'
'We're having a special test-of-courage tournament at the school, at night.' Added Kaoru.
'The school...at night...' Tamaki-senpai uttered weakly. 'Haruhi...are you seriously planning on attending such an improper nighttime event?'
'Well, class camaraderie is important, and all.' She offered innocently. Hikaru kept an arm around her as Kaoru did to me. Apparently they were concerned we might escape.
'Camaraderie? Camaraderie, you say? What kind of camaraderie is that? How trampy...'
'Excuse you.' I said sharply, glaring daggers at the older student.
Tamaki-senpai however was mid nervous breakdown and completely oblivious to my irritation. 'Letting his little girl go playing around at night is something that Daddy...something that Daddy absolutely forbids!'
The twins finally had enough of Tamaki-senpai's mellow drama and began a hasty retreat. 'Come on Seina, Haruhi. Let's go. Adieu Sir!' Before Tamaki-senpai could protest further we were gone.

Back in our classroom, planning was underway. We joined Renge-san and Kurakano-san by the windows. 'What should we do about the budget? Once we start going in for the ghost costumes, there will be no end to it.' Pointed out Kurakano-san. She was clearly the vice chairman for a reason, keeping on top of all key issues.
'Following the commoner's rule of keeping it under 300 yen...'
'...On the cheap will make things interesting.' Haruhi stared blank faced at the twins either unaware of whatever they were talking about or simply past caring.
'We might have people who faint so we should have a doctor on hand.' Suggested Renge-san.
'Renge-san!' I exclaimed. 'What are you planning on doing to us?'
'Don't you worry Seina-san.'
'Well I'm worried now! Huh? Haruhi where are you...?' My friend didn't seem to hear me as she disappeared out of the room. I glanced at Kaoru. 'What was that all about?'
'Not a clue.' He drew me slightly away from the others and lowered his voice. 'You know Seina, I talked with Kurakano-san before, there's going to be jack-a-lanterns everywhere so it won't be that dark.'
I gave him a small smile. 'Thanks Kaoru.'
'Aww.' He gave me a tight hug. 'You didn't think I'd forgotten about you?'
'Of course not, now get off!' I laughed, pushing him playfully.
Hikaru slunk over and grabbed me from behind. 'Ahhh! I've got her Kaoru! Don't worry!'
'Hikaru!' I complained trying to secure my release while the twins laughed at me. A well directed jab to the ribs and I was free again.
'What was that for?' He asked sulkily.
'You know exactly what! What did you want anyway?'
'Huh?'
'Were you just feeling left out or did you want something?'
'Oh right!' An evil grin crept across his face. 'I found Haruhi. She's outside with the chairman.'
Curious, me and Kaoru followed him to the door. Sat on the floor in the corridor was Haruhi and the chairman. He was right up in her personal space begging to be in the same group as her. He seemed quite worked up and began whispering frantically about her not telling Kaoru and Hikaru. Unfortunately, the fact that I could hear meant the twins could also hear and before I could stop them they were leering over our frightened classmate. 'Chairman, you're a scaredy-cat?' They asked in unison, evil grins already in place. I gave them both a stern look and placed myself between them even as the chairman jumped up and began desperately scrabbling at the windows, squealing like a pig.
'Ah, this is where you all are.' Kurakano-san said cheerfully from the classroom doorway. 'I'm asking who wants to be in a group together right now.'
'Okay! The five of us will be in a group together!' The twins cried, Hikaru forcibly restraining the class chairman who looked ready to cry.
'Ok. Then you five will be Team B.'
'Good luck to us all, Chairman.'
'Guys!' I complained at their clear attempts to intimidate the poor guy.
'You poor boy.' Haruhi muttered, clearly thinking the same as me.