39-keep your eyes open

Walking through the crowd, Jerome watching their every move, was unnerving. Wanda couldn't hear them, her head filled with thoughts. Everyone in the crown was glaring, or staring confused, at Jeremiah who was walking next to Wanda. Bruce was in the lead, walking ahead of the two.

Gun shots make the two duck, Jeremiah shielding her with his body. Even after years of not seeing each other, he still wants to protect her.

"I had my guy take up the best vantage points last night, so they've been watching your little SWAT team all day" Wanda couldn't move, she head swimming with the thoughts of victor. Jeremiah pulled her up, taking her out of her daze

"Now bruce, brother, Winnie, dear. come up on stage"

"It's time to get this party really started up"

Jeremiah looks up at his brother, hesitant to go anywhere near him. Wanda looks at him before walking on the stage, making Jeremiah rush up, not wanting to leave Wanda to face Jerome alone.

Jerome's goons strap Wanda to a chair and places the collar on her neck, she watches at the goons sit Jeremiah next to her, they share a stare.

"You know, I always thought you two would be a terrible couple" Jerome chuckles walking next to them.

Wanda looks down at her feet, taking deep breathes. She knows she's safe, but he's different, someone she knew when she was younger, a wild spirit, now a crazed lunatic.

Her head was pulled up by Jerome's hand, squishing her cheeks, making her look at him.

"You used to be more fun" he says getting closer to her.

"Jerome, stop" Jeremiah tells him, making Jerome glare at him, leaving Wanda alone.

Jerome sits next to Jeremiah, starting a speech. Wanna looks down at her feet, taking deep breaths, as tears fill her eyes. Victor's dead, she thinks, is there any point?

Wanda watches as Jerome unties Jeremiah, urging him to hit him, and as Jeremiah charges to him, Jerome punches him, knocking him down.

"'Miah!" Wanda calls, making jerome's attention go to her.

"Ya know, Winnie, he lied, I never tried to hurt you" he steps closer to her, making her try and get out of the robes. When Jerome is close enough, he takes of the collar, making her and everyone else confused.

"I would never hurt you" he chuckles as Wanda struggles to try and get out, not liking how he was looking at her.

"Well, except now" he brings a knife to her throat, cutting it. Her eyes go wide as he chuckles.

Jerome falls to the floor as a gun is shot, making him look at Jim Gordon. Firefly distract him as Jerome gets away after realising he can't blow any more heads off.

Jeremiah rushes to Wanda, holding her throat, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Wanda" Jeremiah turns over to see a bald man running over to them. He cuts the ropes from her hands.

"Wan, wan" Victor places a hand on her faces, making her look at him.

"Stay with us. Keep your eyes open" he tells her as medics rush over to them, to help Wanda. And that was the last thing she heard before passing out.