5-the start of something beautiful

Tonks continued to work at the bakery, finding out more about what happens there, the owner to a drug dealer who pays falcone for protection, that's all what Tonks has gathered and told Oswald about it, he didn't seem interested, but Oswald did warn her about Victor Zsasz. 

Tonks and Oswald were sitting in the kitchen as Tonks cooked, Oswald informed her all of what was happening.

"So you saw your mom? How was she?" 

"She was fine, tee, she did say some hussy whisked me away" he rolled his eyes, taking a swig of the drink he poured before he started his rant.

"So this Liza girl is working with fish to...what take down falcone?" She brought down two plate to fill with the food she was making.

"Yes, and falcone doesn't believe me"

"I'm sure it's in the back of his mind, making him second guess her" she said placing the two plates on the table.

"Did your mom really give you a bath" Tonks giggled.

"Piss off" he rolled his eyes, starting to eat the food as Tonks walked to the window, opening it to place a bowl of cat food out, cats already gathering around the window.

"Do you want to take some of the lasagna for your mom?" Tonks asked shutting the window and taking a seat opposite Oswald.

"Yes, thank you, that would be lovely" he nodded, glancing at the window, only for his glance to turn to a stare. Tonks turned to see what he was looking at.

"It has no fur" he grimaced at the cat, looking in on them from the window.

"Yeah, you should see him when he has a bath, I call him fluffy" she turned around, grinning at Oswald's bemused face.

"Oswald?" Tonks asked walking around her home.

"Yeah" he asked walking into the hallway were Tonks was, putting on her boots.

"Do you want me to bring any cakes home from work?" 

"No thanks tee"

"Bye Ozzie" she smiled putting her coat on.

"Let me walk you" Oswald said as Tonks was about to open the door.

"Ur...sure" she said letting her arm go to her side as Oswald puts his shoes on.

The two walked down the stairs and down into the street.

"Why did you want to come?"

"I have to get the work as well, might as well walk together, seeing as it's only a little away from your work place" he shrugged.

"Don't you have to see your mom?"

"No, she'll be fine" 

The two filled the trip to work with meaningless chatter, they did this 'till they reached the bakery. Oswald looked in.

"See you at home" Tonks said giving him a nod as he walked away.

Tonks walked through the ally, having to go through the back, remembering she got yelled at going through the front way once.She didn't hear the man walking behind her, she only noticed him when he grabbed her, his arm when around her waist and a knife to her throat.

"Give me your money" she could smell his breathe, it smelt of alcohol and regret.

"sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have any one me, that's why I got to work, to get paid. You should try it" she knew she shouldn't have said that but she couldn't help it, and I didn't make her feel better when the knife when closer to her throat.

Tonks started to breathe heavily, scared for her life.

"Listen I don't have any" she gulps.

when she heard a band she jumped, and covered her head, when she when to turn around she was met with a dead body one the floor with a bullet in the side of his head, his blood no where on her. She looked up to see a man in a dark attire.

"Mr Zsasz" Tonks sighed, just starting to catch her breath again.

"I swear he was like this when I got here" she said breathlessly, earning a chuckle from him.

"Here for for my mum or do you just like saving people in alleyways?"

"I'm here for you" Tonks looked down to his hand that had a gun in it.

"Not like that. I'll be outside your apartment at seven" he said starting to walk off.

"Victor!" Tonks said, still in felling dizzy after hearing a gunshot near her head.

"One, you don't know where I live-" he gave a little smirk "-and two, you don't know my name and, three, how about we get coffee after my shift, I get off at half three"

"So pinkie, what's your name?"

"Tonks"he grinned.

He nodded "ill be here at half three" he gave her a little smile, she returned the smile

Ever since victor saw her, he could get her out his head, he asked her mother, natty, about her, all she said was that she goes by her last name, Tonks. So he asked around. He didn't like that he felt something for her, but she was so different, she wasn't afraid of him, and even challenged him a little. She's hypnotic, Victor found himself watching her from afar, watching her walk home from work, making sure no one hurt her. He looked in her window and saw she was with penguin, he felt something weird in the pit of his stomach. He teased Oswald a bit about the girl, he said she was only a friend and he saw her as a little sister. Oswald told falcone and victor that Tonks knowns about the plan, saying she was trustworthy, falcone didn't like that at the start, but Oswald convince him it was fine.