2-the shoe killer

"So you killed a guy for shoes?"

"No! I killed his for his job, to get close to Maroni" She just stares at him from behind her shoulder.

"And the shoes"

Tonks just giggles, looking back to the cutting board, continuing to cut up onions.

"What are you making?" Oswald asked looking down at the frying pan.

"Spaghetti" she said not looking at him.

"I didn't know so you put onions in it"

"It's to add flavour" she shrugs, adding a slight dramatic voice that could annoy anyone.

"So, you just need to get close to maroni and tell falcone about him?" She asked side glancing at him, again.

"Yes" he responds getting tired, living with a seventeen year old was not something he ever wanted to do, but the girl was growing on him.

"So, Oswald, Tell me about your self" she almost demands, starting to mix the ingredients together. The smell was staring to get to Oswald, making him hungry and regret not taking Tonks up on her earlier offer of cheese and crackers.

"What?" He said sitting down on the kitchen chair, crossing his arms.

"Well, we've known each other for about a week and I know nothing about you, except that you're going to be the king of Gotham"

"I didn't say that" he grumbles, looking out the window to the night sky.

"No. But I believe your going to be" she said without looking at him, she seemed so sincere, it make Oswald's heart clench a bit.

"Well, I've never had a dad" he responds, getting a nod from Tonks.

"I don't think anyone does anymore" she turned around giving him her full attention.

"I've only ever had my mother, she's my only family, and I'd do anything to protect her"

Tonks just stares at him as if in deep thought, before nodding and turning back to cooking.

"Don't you want to become the king of Gotham?"

"Well, yes-"

"I believe you can do it" she cut him off

"Thanks" he sighed.

"What about you?" He asks, as she started to put food on some plates.

"Well, I lived at a circus for a few years, leaving when I turned ten or something" she shrugs.

"You lived at a circus?" He asked smiling, his eyes not leaving her form.

"It's not as great as you think" she shook her head, Oswald just raised his eyebrows, wanting her to continue.

"My two best friends were beaten by their mother, and no one did anything to stop it"

Oswald didn't have anything to say, just staring at her as she turned around with two plates in her hands, she placed the food on the table without a word.

"What did you do at the circus?" He asked, not liking it when she didn't speak, wanting to comfort her.

"I don't really do anything, it was my mum who did all the stuff, she was an acrobat, she taught me a few thing, but I mostly cleaned up after shows" she shrugs yet again, smiling. Oswald matched her smile, digging into his food.

"Didn't you say you need some guys to shoot up a place" Tonks asks collecting the plates, Oswald just nods.

"Well, i might know a few people-"

"How do you 'know a few people'?" He asks cutting her off, she smirks, feeling a little childish, like when her mother used to yell at her, wondering why she came home muddy.

"The dude who live below me, he hired some nobody to shoot up his exes house" she tells him, laughing when she saw his horrified face.

"It's Gotham, you could hire someone to punch a cat" she tells him, erupting into small giggles at her own joke.

"He gave my their information, 'cause at the time, I had an friend who wouldn't leave me alone, I'll phone them up it you want" Tonks states,starting to look around, as if trying to find the men.

"No, you will not have any part in this"

"Oh well, what happens happens" she grins, leaving the room to find the paper with their intel to give to Oswald.

Oswald had never been fond of children, or people In general, but Tonks was someone you just couldn't hate, and he was staring to see her as a little sister, willing to do anything to protect her.