T E N

10: let's meet in the middle.

×

She was alot of things. Trapped. Abused. Assaulted.

She was dead inside.

Until she met him. She heard his voice in her head.

×

Zachary awoke with a terrible ache in his head, like forks bashing into his temples and painful joints-

-he hadn't had enough sleep. He knew it. Most of the times, he'd stare at his ceiling, remembering the days he usually heard her voice.

They'd stay up late and he'd probably read her certain lines from the stories he had written. They spoke-

-they spoke to each other, all in their heads.

RENNÉ HIGH, PARIS.

The sound of the school bell rang in his head as he closed his locker and grudgingly made his way to his class. He didn't even bother to look around for Amy.

His eyes were reddened with fatigue as he lingered into the classroom, too tired to care about the names.

Katarina, on the side felt sick.

They both needed to talk to each other, they both needed to talk because amidst the whole world, they had found each other via a weird connection.

"Welcome to Biology 1-"

It was so easy for Mrs Walter's words to fade past his ears, so easy for him to zone out of reality and into his safe haven, into his mind.

'Irene' He still called unto her. She heard him though.

But she wouldn't answer. She was in a bad state-

-having already thrown up twice, with a striking headache, all she wanted to do was stay in the peace of her mind. 'Irene?'

He was so deep in thought that he didn't realize Mrs Walters, directing a question to him, he always hated when that happened.

Hated been the center of attention. Like I said, Zach hated alot of things.

"Mr Dempsey-" He heard her dim voice before he felt a hand on his shoulders.

He shook immediately, drifting himself from his thoughts before he fell back, ultimately pushing away her hand.

"Mr Dempsey" A shocked Mrs Walters called unto him as he hit the ground, to the amusement of his other friends.

He got up immediately, pulling up his sagged trousers before picking his bag to leave. "Zach" She called as he turned around, staring at the laughing faces in a second of rising anxiety.

"I'm sorry. I just need to clear my head-" He stuttered, before sighting Amy on his way out.

×

LATER

"Clear your head?" His mother's voice rose from behind the principal's desk as she looked to Zach.

"Where was he? Where did he go?" She asked, majorly with the frustration of having to leave her work. "He hid in the school library" The principal replied.