Ninjuly Contest: Rules and Entry

Salutations all!!

We decided that a great way to have some fun during Ninjuly is through contests!! So, here are the rules to the two contests you can enter!!

In an attempt to allow as many people as possible to enter with their preferred talents, we will be running two contests, a writing one and a fan-art one.

RULES FOR BOTH CONTESTS:

1. You are welcome to enter from today (2nd of July) till Thursday the 24th. Entries will close on the 24th so please submit your entry before then.

2. The piece itself must be submitted by the 31st of July. Final results and the overall winner will be announced sometime during August as we want to provide as much time as possible for participants to complete the work to their fullest ability.

3. The judges will be the members of the Organisation, each of whom will be rating each entry separately. These scores will be added together in order to determine a winner and runner-ups.

4. As of now, there is no prize for the winner. If you feel there is something we could do (shoutout, etc), leave your comments here and we will do our best to work with that. However, overall, this is just for fun!!

5. All works must be completely original, should we find that something you have submitted is not yours, you will immediately be disqualified.

6. You are able to enter both contests, one or neither. It is up to you!

WRITING CONTEST:

You are to write a one-shot for Ninjago.

It may be about whatever you wish, so long as it is within the following guidelines:

1. No smut. That makes it easier for everyone and enables us to share your work with a wider audience.

2. You may write ships, however, should you choose to do one, keep in mind that judges may not like the ship and this will impact your over-all score. We suggest, if you do a ship, stick to cannon or just avoid being ship-specific altogether.

3. While cussing is okay, it isn't recommended us we wish to reach a wider audience. Should it be used, use it reasonably and not just for the sake of using it.

4. Your one-shot is limited to a minimum of 100 words and a maximum of 2000 words. An overall word count must be submitted with the work.

5. Ensure that it is Ninjago related. It may be whatever you wish (an AU, etc), so long as it is Ninjago.

ART CONTEST:

You are to make an artwork related to ninjago.

It may feature whatever you wish, although it must align with the following guidelines:

1. No smut/vulgar imagery. We are trying to reach a wider audience.

2. You may include whatever ship you wish, however, remember that if a judge doesn't like the ship, that may impact your overall score. We recommend sticking to cannon ships or avoiding them altogether.

3. The work must feature at least one Ninjago character. Who it is, is up to you. They may be a main character, like one of the Ninja, they can be a side character or even a villain. It doesn't matter, so long as it focusses on at least one. Including more than one is absolutely fine.

4. The style and medium of artwork does not matter. Whether it be digital cartoon or on a sheet of paper, realism. All we need is an image of the work provided.

HOW TO ENTER:

Entries are relatively simple, fill out the following form in the comments by the 24th of July;

1. What is your name? 

2. Which contest are you entering?

That is what we require by the 24th in order to understand who is entering. By the 31st, please reply to your original comment, answering the next questions:

Writing:

1. Link to work

2. Title

3. Word Count

4. Any alerts (Eg. Trigger Warnings or Cussing)

Art:

1. Link to work

2. Featured Character/s

3. Medium of work

(Should you enter both contests, answer the questions separately in the same thread)

Answer form here.

QUESTIONS:

If you have any questions or if something is unclear, please let us know and we will explain it!!

Enjoy!

And we look forward to seeing all of your amazing works!!

Good luck ;)