Chapter 20

After King and Ram's rough fight, King decided to bring back his humanity. King poured the skin disinfectant on a cotton ball and patted on Ram's head and lips. Ram murmured through the pain, "I'm sorry." King said in guilt and Ram held his hand. "I'm fine." He smiled. King puts down the cotton ball and held Ram's face, "I'm so sorry." He apologized again and Ram just kissed his forehead.

Ram held King's hand and smile, "actually, he is not really my father. He is my step father." Ram sighed deeply as he tells his story to King, "he abused me since I was little, and that time that we had a huge fight, I give up and suddenly killed him." Ram looked at King and King froze. He can't believe that a kind and good guy like Ram can do that.

Ram's POV

[flashback]

I headed home to get my other stuffs that I'll be needing for school. I opened the door and my mom greeted me, "hi honey! You came home, you should've called me." She said with a smile and kissed me on my cheeks. I miss my mother so much, wish I could live with her but I can't because of my step father who is a vampire hunter. And yes, he is also a werewolf. I went directly to my room to get my stuffs and headed downstairs to leave but my mom saw me and called me for some dinner. I refused but my mom insisted, so I give her a chance. I don't want to disappoint her.

I sat down next to her and starts to eat my dinner that she cooked when my step father started to speak, "So Ram, how's your school?" He asked me, I just nodded in replied and continued to eat, "I've been watching you, kid. You're always with that engineering boy named..." He paused to think, "...King. You know that kid is really familiar to me. I feel like I already met him, I don't know when or where." He said. I'm starting to think that maybe he already knew about King. "Leave him alone." I said. "That kid is a vampire, right? And the other one is a ripper? Hmm, they will never see the light of the day." I looked at him and says, "why do you have to poke your nose into my business? And please, stay away from King, he doesn't do anything harm to you. This is my life, go get yourself if you don't have one." I said. He suddenly stood up and swayed his plates and fell into the floor broke into pieces which makes me, my mom and my younger brother shocked.

"How dare you say that to me! You're in my house you should respect me!" He yelled at me, "you don't deserve my respect." I stood up and leave from the table. I went upstairs to my room when he followed me. I locked my room after I entered but he forcefully banged it and the door knob broke.

When he entered my room, he automatically slap my face, "you're a disgrace! If it's not for your mother, I will never ever own you!" He yelled. Damn, he slapped me like he used some metal or something really hurts. After he yelled at me, he walks outs of my door. Guess I'll spend the night here for some revenge. I am sick of him and I'm gonna end things with him tonight.

Since I was a child, he physically and emotionally abused me. This is the reason why I usually don't go home and I spent my life at my condo. He really hates me maybe because I'm just his step son. I packed my things and moved to the guest room for me to sleep there since my step dad broke my door. I sat on the edge of my bed when somebody knocked on my door. "Come in." I said. I looked at someone entering my room and it is Ruj, my brother. He tried to smile at me and sat beside me then he handed me the ice pack. I accept it and put it on my cheeks. Ah, feels nice. We sat for a couple of minutes without saying any words. My brother is very nosy and talkative but it disappears when he witnesses that my step father always abused me.

He took something out from his pocket and handed him to me. I opened it since it was wrapped on a towel and I looked at him in shocked when I saw what it is. It is a silver knife, a weapon that can kill a werewolf. He nodded his head and murmured, "go, I'll help you." He said while tears dripped to his eyes.

I wiped it away and then Ruj suddenly burst out to tears. I asked him what happened to him when he finally speaks up and exposed our dad. He told me that when I wasn't around, my step dad abused him also. There was a time that he locked up Ruj at the basement and when he was drunk, he thought of Ruj as me that's why he let it out his anger on him. He also abuse my mother but my mom always forgave him for the sake of our family. My step dad killed so many people and that makes he think that he's powerful. I hugged my brother so tight that a tear feel from my eye. I wiped it right away because anger is more raising than self pity.

It was in the middle of the night when Ruj and I tiptoed at the corridor. We sneaked at him coming from the staircase and he was at the living room. Ruj already planned everything out and I had no idea what is it. He just told me that it will be a clean murder since he put a sleeping pills at our mothers drink. That way, she won't be able to wake up from the sounds that we're causing.

Ruj went to the kitchen and make some tea for our father since it is his routine every night. The tea was mixed with wolfsbane. It is a kind of plants that can poison a werewolf. It's like vervain for the vampire. He mixed it really well and went to the study room where where my step dad moved to. He knocked at the door and entered, "father, here is your tea." I heard him say, "enjoy your drink," Ruj said and put a smile on his face. Our father nods as he keeps on reading the newspaper and drinks the tea. He suddenly burst out coughing and the cup of tea fell down.

"I-is this wolfsbane?! S-stupid k-kid! I'm g-gonna k-kill you!" He yelled at Ruj coughing. Ruj just watches him suffer from the poison. He then opens his drawer where he hides all of his weapon. He gets his colt gun and loads it with silver bullets which can kill a werewolf. He loads the gun and started to point it on Ruj when I threw him the silver knife. It was never my intention to target his heart but he suddenly moved. He froze when felt that his heart wasn't beating anymore. He let go of the gun and then he fell on the floor. Dead.