Aurelia swallowed.

How was this possible?

She sighed.

I should try to sleep...

But even as she lay down, her thoughts plagued her.

I always thought I didn't have parents, or that they had to give me up. But, why would a king and queen have to abandon their daughter?

I don't understand...

Aurelia sighed again.

Her head hurt so much, and she felt like she was about to die any moment. She felt wide awake, but her eyes slowly closed and she drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

"Aurelia, wake up," a voice said.

"David, go away," Aurelia said in her sleep.

"David isn't here, Aurelia."

Aurelia's eyes snapped open and widened as she saw Xander. "Did I say something?" she asked.

Xander was trying his best not to laugh. "Yes."

"Darn it..." Aurelia mumbled.

Xander shrugged. "Come on. Your parents will be here in about ten minutes and you have to get ready."

"Get ready? Why?" Aurelia said as he pulled her off the bed.

"They're a bit... overwhelming." Xander seemed to struggle to find the right word.

"Okay..."

"Let's go." Xander dragged her out of the room and down a staircase.

Aurelia found herself in a room with a long table and chairs surrounding it. It looked like a dining room. She looked at Xander in confusion.

"What?" Aurelia said.

"You're going to have your breakfast here from now on," Xander explained. "Sit in a chair."

Aurelia sat, because she didn't know what else to do. "Now what?"

"The food should be ready soon," Xander told her. He sat on another chair.

They waited.

About five minutes later, a wolf-shifter stepped out through a door, carrying two plates of food. He put them down on the table and the two began to eat.

"Aurelia. They're here," Xander said when they were half-finished. "I'm going to go and greet them." He stood. Then he noticed a wolf-shifter standing nearby. "Hey," he said to her.

The wolf-shifter stood at attention.

"Go and help Aurelia get ready to meet the Alpha and Luna," Xander said.

"Yes, Xander," she replied.

Xander rushed off.

"Who are you?" Aurelia asked as she tried to finish her food.

"Nyx Karesol, lady commander knight of the Alpha and Luna," the wolf-shifter said. She had grey-brown eyes and her dark hair was shaved at the left side, the hair on the right side falling over her eye.

"But if you're Asian, then your surname...?"

"The Alpha changed the... family's."

"Wait, why do you have the same surname as Xander?" Aurelia said in confusion.

"He is my twin brother."

"Oh..." Aurelia muttered as she stood. "I'm done... So what happens now?"

"You have to get dressed, then you'll meet the king and queen before training with the wolf-shifters," Nyx explained.

"Okay..." Aurelia muttered.

"Come with me," Nyx said.

She led Aurelia back up the stairs into her room.

"Wait here," Nyx said.

Aurelia sighed and sat on the bed.

Less than a minute later, Nyx was back. She held a short-sleeved, short-legged black bodysuit and dark brown boots.

Aurelia blinked. "Is that... for me?"

"Yes. Who else?" Nyx asked. "Now put it on."

Aurelia nodded and took the bodysuit from Nyx. She turned it this way and that before looking at Nyx. "How do I put this on?"

Nyx sighed. "Let me help you."

"Thanks..." Aurelia said gratefully.

Afterwards, Nyx brought Aurelia out of her room. Aurelia followed Nyx down the stairs to find Xander waiting at the foot of them.

"Thanks, Nyx. I'll take it from here," Xander said.

Nyx nodded and left.

"Are you ready?" Xander asked Aurelia, taking in her new clothes.

"No. And I don't think I'll ever be," Aurelia said truthfully.

Xander sighed. "Then let's go."