Betty x Sweet Pea

Start from the beginning

Jughead walked onto the stage and grabbed the microphone. Everyone began cheering for their king. I rolled my eyes.

Jughead: we have a change going on that I wanted to tell you all about. He said.
Jughead: we have a new Queen, Toni Topaz. He said and the crowd roared in excitement.

Loud claps, cheers and people clinking beers were seen all over the bar.

Toni walked onto the stage in yet another one of her skimpy outfits.

She took the microphone from him and began speaking.

Toni: in due time, I finally received what is mine. The title of being Serpent Queen. I will look after you guys, protect and honour you all. She said and they all repeated the same actions as earlier.

This has to be a joke.

This has to be the dumbest group of people I've ever seen.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt yet here I am.

I had enough of all this bullshit and left. It's not like I'm wanted here anyway. This is probably the best day for them, the kings bitch is finally gone.

Sweet Pea: hey um excuse me. Betty. I heard someone call my name from behind me.

I put a smile on my face and turned around.

I saw a guy my age that had approached me.

Betty: hi? I asked confusedly.
Sweet Pea: I just wanted to say, I think you should have stayed as queen. He said shyly. I smiled.
Betty: thank you. What's your name? I asked him.

This was genuinely the first Serpent to show me respect.

Sweet Pea: I'm Sweet Pea. He smiled.
Betty: well it was really nice to meet you. Consider yourself my favourite Serpent. I smiled.
Sweet Pea: really? Wouldn't your boyfriend be first? He questioned.
Betty: he could fall off a cliff for all I care. I said sternly. He gave me a clearly uncomfortable look.
Betty: I'm sorry. I said.
Sweet Pea: it's okay, it's cool to be your favorite. He smirked.
Betty: oh, is it so? I smirked back.
Sweet Pea: definitely, could I get your number? He said.

Very bold move on his behalf, but at least I know he has guts.

Betty: you can have it, but I can't promise I'll answer. I smirked as he gave me his phone, typing in my number I then gave it back.
Sweet Pea: I'm willing to take the risk on that. He said.
Betty: you better be different Sweet Pea. I said.
Sweet Pea: trust me, I would stand up for you, defend you and drop this gang for you in a heartbeat. He said. I raised an eyebrow.
Betty: why? I asked.
Sweet Pea: you're hot. He said making me laugh.
Sweet Pea: you're special, smart and definitely better than any of these girls. He said making me smile.

Jughead has never said something so beautiful, yet a complete stranger could be so sweet to me.

Betty: you're a great guy Pea. I smiled.
Sweet Pea: already on a nickname basis, I'm killing this. He said making me laugh.

This guy is amazing.

Betty: do you go to Riverdale High? I asked. He nodded his head.
Betty: then hopefully I'll be seeing you more often. I smiled.
Sweet Pea: I definitely hope so. He smirked as I walked to my car.

I got in and the biggest smile formed on my face.

That's how a guy should treat a girl. Hopefully he can live up to these expectations that I have for him now.

I arrived home and saw my two best friends Reggie and Archie outside of their house doing some practice drills.

They're competitive brothers who always like to one up each other.

Reggie: hey Betty! He yelled out.
Betty: hey Reg, Arch. I smiled.
Archie: we're going to be having an epic party after school tomorrow. You're coming yeah? He said.

I think this is going to be the perfect place for Sweet Pea and I to hang out.

Betty: can I bring a friend? I asked.
Reggie: your boyfriend? He said as he rolled his eyes.

Both Archie and Reggie aren't keen on Jughead and I dating.

I've told them how horrible things are for me regarding the Serpents, and they're mad that Jughead has done absolutely nothing to look after me.

Betty: Nope, potential boyfriend. I smirked.
Archie: pardon? He chuckled.
Betty: I'm about to break up with Jughead, and hopefully get together with Sweet Pea. I said.
Reggie: good that you're breaking up with him but I don't know who this Sweet Pea kid is. He better not be another Serpent. He said.
Betty: whoops. I smirked as I walked into my house.

I walked up to my room and layed on my bed. I took out my phone and found Jughead's number.

(Betty's message to Jughead)

I'm done putting up with your bullshit and the Serpents. We're over and I never want to see you again.

(end of message)

I then blocked his number and smiled.

This Sweet Pea guy is going to be mine in no time.

——

I was walking into school the next day and saw Sweet Pea sitting in the student lounge by himself.

He seems like a confident guy, but he also seems to be a little lonely.

I took a seat next to him and smiled. He looked up to me and smiled back.

Sweet Pea: what do I owe the pleasure gorgeous? He asked.
Betty: well, I'm going to a party tonight and I want you to come with me. I said.
Sweet Pea: asking me out on a date? He smirked.
Betty: it's only a date if you say yes. I said back.
Sweet Pea: well then I guess it's a yes. We both smirked.

This was the beginning of my future.

A/N
I hope you enjoyed 🥰