Hinata nodded and began to take slower sips of her drink. She didn't know why she was feeling so strange towards Naruto these days. It was probably the guilt from lying about Sasuke.

Twenty minutes passed and they had barely left the small cafe. Hinata wrapped her hand around Naruto's as they walked to his car.

"Are.. are you doing okay?" She quietly asked him.

"Hm? Yeah I'm okay, why do you ask?" Naruto looked down at her and smiled awkwardly.

She puffed her cheeks out slightly before blowing the air out. "You always ask about my well-being, can I not ask about yours?"

He chuckled and mumbled out a quick 'alright' before opening her door and buckling her in before going around to the drivers side.

☁️⛅🌤️

The drive was quiet and soon enough they reached the parking lot of the park. They sat in silence, Hinata fiddling with her thumbs and waiting until Naruto asked her to leave.

Naruto didn't know what he was feeling towards Hinata anymore. He knew it wasn't simply platonic anymore but she was searching for her boyfriend. He didn't even know who Hinata really was but he wanted to and that's why he was so conflicted.

He deserved more than confusion.

"Hey," he said quietly as not to disrupt the peace surrounding them. "This guy we're looking for, do you know how much longer it'll take?"

She turned to look at him, her lavender eyes widening a bit. "Are you tiring of me?" Hinata asked. "I'm sorry, I can continue on my own. You've showed me enough places I can search on my own."

The bluenette got out of the car and felt a pang in her chest as she closed the door and turned around. Her guards were going up again. She didn't think that Naruto would be—

"Hinata-chan," he grabbed her wrist. Hinata pulled away and hissed, similar to their first meeting. "I'm sorry I didn't think—"

"It is my fault, I am sorry." She stepped back. "I have troubled you far too much, haven't I?"

"What?" His blue eyes widened. "Of course not. You've been the highlight of my boring life lately. Before meeting you a month and half ago my life was so... Plain." Naruto explained. "But you..." He tentatively reached his hand out.

She didn't shy from his touch but welcomed the palm he softly placed on her cheek. Hinata felt warmth from his palm and leaned into it.

"You, Hinata-chan, you've brightened my days."

Was this what love felt like? She couldn't remember what she learned about it. She didn't know how to deal with the sudden wave of emotions going on inside of her chest.

Naruto stepped towards her and towered over her small frame. They were nearly chest to chest when she reached up and placed one hand over his own on her cheek and the other one on his chest.

"You are warm, Naruto Uzumaki Naruto." Hinata said so very softly, scared to break their atmosphere.

"I guess I am," he chuckled softly. "Hinata-chan, why don't you come to my dorm tonight? I want to talk about everything; about you and who you are. I don't think I can blindly do this anymore."

Hinata closed her eyes and nodded. She was going to tell him the truth. Everything seemed to become too much for her and she decided that she was going to tell Naruto the truth about it all.

"Yes, I would like to talk about something with you in private."

Naruto smiled and moved his hand from her cheek. Now they were just holding hands in the middle of the night in the park.

She looked up at him, a wave a blue crashing into lavender and Hinata felt a shiver. She wanted to blame the cold but she knew better. Naruto flicked his eyes to her lips and she sucked in a breath.

Kissing. Hinata had never been kissed.

He leaned down and the bluenette closed her eyes. Naruto barely brushed his lips against her own, a not even there touch when—

"Hinata Hyuga." A voice boomed.

They jumped apart and the girl whipped around to see who was calling her. Hinata paled when she saw the two men.

The two men both had long hair, one black and the other brown. They barely wore shorts in the chilly weather.

"Who the hell are you?" Naruto stepped in front of her defensively.

Hinata sighed and walked around Naruto giving his hand a squeeze. He looked down at her in confusion when she simply shook her head, knowing that if Naruto wanted to protect her, he wouldn't be a match.

"Hinata?"

"You need to find Sasuke," she whispered. "Tell him I sent you and he needs to explain. I might not see you for awhile."

Hinata stepped away from him and let go of his hand. "Do as I say and it will make sense. Don't tell anyone of this except Sasuke."

"Sasuke? What would he—"

"Hinata Hyuga." The other male said this time. Hinata turned and began walking to them.

"Neji, Itachi." Hinata acknowledged when she approached them. "Let us go then."

"Hinata?" Naruto called out to her, so confused. "What's going on?"

She looked over her shoulder at him and motioned for him to stop.

"Goodbye, Naruto-kun."

The two men escorted her into the treeline from either side of her. Naruto watched them disappear and decided he would follow her directions.

What the hell did Sasuke have to do with any of this?

hello 🌚

did u miss me 🌚

bc i missed you 🌚

haha it's been 10 months. I have nothing to excuse myself except mental health but I feel like that's overused but it's just been suffering.

as a 2020 senior this pandemic rly took a toll on me and I've just been watching tiktoks and crying over banana fish ahaha 😿😹 but i leave for uni soon so there's that xx

sorry if this update was rushed and bad :(

i hope you guys enjoyed this long overdue update and will enjoy the updates to come! I will finish this ff before November istg and if I don't you all have the right to 🔪🔪 me

just kidding! about the 🔪 part but i will finish this even if it's my last fic for awhile

it's going to probably only be like 7-10 more chapters, it was going to originally be short anyways.

‼️ next update will be Hinata and Sasuke's background ‼️

thank you for the support my lovelies ❤️♥️❤️