𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕔𝕙, 𝟠, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟜
𝟠:𝟙𝟝 𝕒.𝕞.
𝕡𝕠𝕧: 𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕖
𝕝𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥

today it the day, March 8th, 2024...

Johnny and i's tour ended mid-February but we haven't arrived home in California until last week. we decided to stay a little while to explore more and have our own free time in certain places we toured in—but here we are. i was sitting by our kitchen island while Johnny was making his daily breakfast of cereal. i was texting my dad to finalize our plan on the engagement and all that jazz.

it turns out, dad wanted to have the engagement in Canada because it has a special place in their hearts. i mean, i don't blame them—they met, got engaged, got married, had Johnny and i, all in Canada—so i'm not that surprised at the sudden location change. it wasn't that much of a problem for Johnny or i because we've been wanting to go back for a while now...

our flight was leaving tonight around 9:30 so we still had plenty of time to do what we had to do. Johnny wasn't fully packed so that's what he had planned for today and me? well, i was ready to go, so i can just chill all day and do what i want.

+ + +

"annie! let's go, we don't wanna be late" Johnny yells up from below. "coming" i yell as i run down the stairs, "okay, let's go" Johnny slides his phone into his back pocket and we make our way down to the lobby and into our uber. we decided it would be more convenient since we didn't know when we would come back home.

+ + +

"hey dad, we just got to the family cabin you told us to stay at" I softly say through the phone, "okay great, get some rest because tomorrow is going be one hell of a day" i chuckle before responding, "alright, same goes to you dad, you better get even more rest to prepare yourself" "you got that right, kiddo. alright well, night Annikin, love you. tell your brother for me too" i nod, "will do, goodnight love you too dad" with that i end the call and begin walking towards our bedroom.

"hey, dad says goodnight and that he loves us and that we should get some rest" i explain as i hop into my bed. "well i would tell you to tell him that i said the same but it's too late now but it's fine" he yawns, "but he's right, i'm so damn tired, so i'm going to bed—night Ann's, love you" i shut my eyes and say goodnight back before falling asleep.

+ + +

this was it, dad was finally purposing to Mer...
Johnny and i were hidden behind a tree as we let them have their moment. the first was all set up so romantically, a little cliche but who cares. it has everything she could ever ask for, roses, lights and candles, wine, dinner, gifts, flowers. you name it. Dad's plan worked, Mer was pretty upset at the thought of us not being home in time but now she was definitely feeling much better. i'm sure after she sees this next surprise, which would be us, she would not know what to do with herself. "oh Annie, that's our cue" Johnny nudged me.

we both run out from behind the tree and we each slightly tap her shoulders for her attention, she turns around slightly before going wide-eyed at the two of us. she was already drenched in enough tears from my dad and now she's going to be soaked in even more. she wraps her arms around the two of us lovingly and sobs in joy, "oh my gosh! what're you two doing here?!" she questioned. "hi momma" Johnny smiled and turned to face me with a smirk. there was a long pause before i greeted her too, "hey... mom" i smile wide as i watch dad and mom's reaction. she goes in for another hug with just me and tightens her hold, she sighs before saying "hi baby girl"

(do not think of that nickname in a gross way when it comes to this situation please and thank you, i know it's a cringy nickname but let's carry on)

i open my eyes to see my dad and Johnny beginning to hug as well, i face Johnny while still hugging mom and smirk. "hey, dad" Dad smirks at the name and to hugs his son. we were all hugging one another during this cheesy yet emotional time.

after the moment ended we all headed back into our cabin and had a family night to celebrate...

+ + +
(July 12th)

it's been four months since the engagement and now it was their wedding day, you may be thinking. isn't it too soon to already have the wedding? well, possibly but who knows, everyone has separate opinions but to our parents? they knew they were the perfect definition of 'right person, wrong time' they wanted this marriage to happen as soon as possible and they only wanted a small wedding. not some large extravaganza.

Johnny was, of course, the best man and i was the maid of honour, at first, we thought they would've wanted their best friends to be by their side but instead, they wanted their kids. i guess it's pretty understandable in this situation.

the ceremony had just started and we continued to watch the whole thing begin. it happened so fast and we will never forget the moment they both said their 'i do's'

it was party time and Johnny and i had been wondering around to find our friends, when we found them Armani and Jayden looked overjoyed at the sight of us. "hey guys! what's up with you two?" i ask. they all greeted us and hugged us before Jayden and Armani began speaking. "we weren't going to announce this in front of everyone because that's just weird and very disrespectful to your parents but we have some news" Jayden explains.

Jayden and Armani have been going strong and have moved out alone together halfway through college...

"okay, what is it?" Lilia asks, "we are... kind of—expecting a little princess to arrive soon" they both hesitantly day. leaving all of us shocked but excited. we were speechless until after a moment of silence we all broke. we all congratulated them and jumped and screamed for joy. "you're pregnant with a girl and you never told us?!" Lauren screams, she was immediately shushed by all of us.

afterwards, we continued on with the night and celebrated my parent's marriage and i guess, the new baby girl. we partied and partied and didn't arrive home until it was almost three in the morning. Dad and mom were off on their honeymoon so, Johnny and i had the house to ourselves. we were pooped out and after getting ready for bed we almost immediately were knocked out...

authors note:
little surprise that i posted but i decided since i finished the book why not spam the last couple chapters!
omg, i know i should be proud of this final chapter but honestly, i don't love it.
it feels very very rushed but it's fine:/ i still hope it was enjoyable enough for y'all...
but i just wanted to say that—i wanted to be a little different and not have the main characters be involved in any relationships or anything because i wanted the story to mostly revolve around the sibling relationship between Annie n' John...so, i'm sorry if that was something you wanted or expected but i hope you all still enjoyed and loved this story:)
and lastly, you've all been the sweetest people ever and i love you guys so much and i appreciate all the votes and reads so far and it may not be a LoT but it's definitely motivated me so much and i appreciate every single one of you. you're beautiful, you're strong, you're a mAin character;) hehe <3