𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣: 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

𝕞𝕒𝕪, 𝟙𝟝, 𝟚𝟘𝟙𝟡
𝟟:𝟝𝟚 𝕡.𝕞.
𝕡𝕠𝕧: 𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕖
𝕝𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒'𝕤 𝕙𝕠𝕞𝕖

We sat there watching the sun slowly set, for a solid 2 minutes before one of us finally spoke. "i'm sorry" He says, I let out an anxious breath before responding as I look up at him with a small smile. "I-it's okay, but I just need to know. w-why?"

I know you're all probably confused on what's going on, so let's rewind a bit to when Johnny's friends first arrived.

As Anna opened the door wide, my eyes quickly landed on all his friends i've never met before, or so I thought. I knew Hayden, and he knew me, but neither of us ever expected to see each other ever again.

About 2 years ago back in Maryland, I met Hayden Summerall. We started dating in the fall of 2017, and it was amazing.

A couple months went by and one day he was gone. He had moved here to California and we've never texted, spoken, or seen each other since. After months of consideration, I tried getting in contact with him but not once did I get a response.

(I know this isn't what actually happened but let's just pretend for the sake of the story)

When I saw him this afternoon standing only a few feet away from me, our eyes widened at the presence of each other. Thankfully nobody realized considering they were all focused on the whole Carson & Lilia situation.

I sightly shook my head no, signalling for him not to mention anything, and he quickly got the memo. As we were in living room, we acted as if we had just met because I didn't want to explain the story to everyone.

Anyways back to present time. Here we are, finally receiving the closure we didn't know we needed. He explained his side of the story of how when he moved, his parents bought him a new phone and he couldn't find a single way to contact me.

If i'm being honest, I wasn't as angry as he assumed, so I let it slide and we agreed to go back to being friends.

"friends?" he pulls his hand out to shake on a truce, I look out to the warm sunset and back down to his hand smiling. "best friends" I reply, pulling him into a hug.

By this time the sun was completely out of sight, causing us to pull away from our long hug under the starry might sky. "we should head back inside before they eat all your pizza"

His eyes go wide as he quickly jumps from where he was sat, running back into the house yelling. "you losers better not have eaten all the pizza that I asked for!" I laugh, following behind.

When I walk into the kitchen I see all my friends spread around the room, with pizza in their hands. Hayden already having a slice in his hands, I grab one for myself taking a bite.

"where were you two?" Johnny questions. I open my mouth slightly, trying to find the right words. Thankfully Hayden saved my ass, making up a lie.  "oh, Annie was just helping me with something"

They all stare at Hayden and I, confused. "help with what?" Armani's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "I-I needed help finding the bathroom" They all nod in response and continued with their own conversations. I let out a slight breath, relieved.

After we finished eating, we continued to sit in the kitchen as we all started to do our own thing. It was quiet. too quiet for that matter. I observe around the room as everyone just sat on their phones.

I was getting bored so I decided to have a little fun. I excitedly smirked as I scroll through my phone, searching. When I found what I was looking for, I made sure my volume was all the way up and placed my phone so everyone was in the frame.

Everyone was to busy to notice what I was doing, I clicked the red circular button which started recording, then started blasting the song, 'Daylight' 

(It's better with the actual song playing, 'Daylight' by: Maroon 5, if you wanna play it)

Everyone jumped from the sudden sound of me singing the lyrics at the top of my lungs, dancing around the kitchen as I try to get them in the mood.

"Here I am waiting, I'll have to leave soon" I begin. "Why am I holding on?" By this time I was over by Anna, Lilia, & Carson pulling them towards the others.

They smiled at me from ear to ear, "We knew this day would come, we knew it all along" they joined me. Then Armani & Jayden come dancing over, "How did it come so fast?"

Nadia laughs as she throws me a banana, to sing with. "This is our last night, but it's late" she continues the lyric, "And i'm trying not to sleep. Cause I know when I wake, I will have to slip away"

My eyes land on Darius, Asher, & Lauren as they run over to our side of the kitchen, joining in. "And when the daylight comes, i'll have to go" 

Lastly I walk over to Johnny & Hayden and wrap my arms around their torsos as I glance up at the two, smiling. "But tonight i'm gonna hold you so close"

We all join in dancing in front of my phone singing altogether, "Cause in the daylight, we'll be on our own. But tonight I need to hold you so close"

Carson, Lauren, & Nadia, now sat on top of the counter, singing "Ooh whoa, Ooh whoa" into the banana I threw. Jayden on Armani's back as they danced around the kitchen.

We all laugh as Darius jumps onto Ashers back, they join the others singing, "Ooh whoa, oh. Ooh whoa, Ooh whoa. Ooh whoa, oh"

Johnny then starts singing solo with his arm places over my shoulder, "Here I am staring at your perfection, in my arms, so beautiful. The sky is getting bright, the stars are burning out"

"Somebody, slow it down" Hayden & I join. "This is way too hard cause I know. When the sun comes up, I will leave"

Jayden & Armani then sing, "This is my last glance that will soon be memory" We all then sing together in unison, "And when the daylight comes, i'll have to go. But tonight i'm gonna hold you so close"

All the boys then sing, "Cause in the daylight, we'll be on our own. But tonight I need to hold you so close"

Us girls smile at the boys as we take over the next few lyrics. "Ooh whoa, ooh whoa. Ooh whoa, oh. Ooh whoa, ooh whoa. Ooh whoa, oh. I never want it to stop because I don't wanna start all over. Start all over"

Carson, Lauren, & Nadia, sing. "I was afraid of the dark but now it's all that I want, all that I want. All that I want"

We all pause as we wait for the beat to drop once again. "And when the daylight comes, i'll have to go. But tonight Im gonna hold you so close. Cause in the daylight, we'll be on our own. But tonight I need to hold you so close"

Me & Johnny then take over and sing, "And when the daylight comes, i'll have to go. But tonight i'm gonna hold you so close. Cause in the daylight, we'll be on our own. But tonight I need to hold you so close"

Everyone else joins in again, singing the last couple lyrics altogether, "Ooh whoa, ooh whoa. Ooh whoa, oh. Ooh whoa, ooh whoa. Ooh whoa, oh. Ooh whoa." Asher, Darius, & Carson begin screaming the 'yeah's', making us all laugh. "ooh whoa. Ooh whoa, oh. Ooh whoa, ooh whoa. Ooh whoa, oh"

By the end of the song, we were all laughing with big smiles on our faces. I looked around the room at my childhood best friends and some new ones.

I was enjoying this moment knowing it was going to be one of our most memorable times that we would look back on together in our future. This right here, is where i'm supposed to be.