31 : THE PROM

Before I start the chap...

Y'ALL GUYS ARE CUTE FOR REAL♡ THE WAY Y'ALL BEG FOR MY UPDATES IS THE CUTEST THING EVERRR♡♡ I LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

"SO IF MY CHERRY COLA LIPS MEET YOURS,
WOULD YOU KNOW THAT MY HEART WILL EXPLODE?"

Taehyung's hand wouldn't stop shaking.

Wearing his boxers and a white t-shirt, the boy is pacing back and fourth on his room. It's eight forty-five pm and the prom will start in fifteen minutes or so. And yet here he is now, his hair and make up are all done yet he couldn't concentrate.

He's nervous. His whole body is shaking.

"Ah, Mr. Young, etteoke? S-Should I just back out?" Taehyung grips on his hair as Mr. Young keeps following him by his eyes. "Aniyo, you shouldn't. And please sit down." The older looks away from him because his head is spinning from Taehyung's unceasing movements of going back and forth.

With one last stomp, Taehyung sits down on his bed. "Finally," Mr. Young sighs. "Young master, calm down. I'm sure everything will go well." He tries to ease down the feelings inside of Taehyung.

Taehyung groans, "But what if I mess up? O-Or my voice will fucking crack?!" Taehyung hides his face by the use of his palms, his groans getting louder this time.

His annoying behaviour sends frustrations to Mr. Young hence, the guard decided to drop the formalities and slap Taehyung back to reality. "Taehyung, seriously, why are you acting this way when in the first place you're the one who volunteered to do this?"

Taehyung uncovers his face, looking around his room. "I-I wasn't listening to my mind─"

"Oh, so you were listening to your heart?" Mr. Young cuts him off.

Taehyung is taken a back, well, he did listen to it in some sort. It was just he wanted to see Jennie smiling, looking so proud of him.

"Y-Yes." Taehyung answers, "I-I just want to make Jennie proud." The guard smirks, "So this is still about Ms. Jennie, the one that you conclude as your 'friend', right?" Mr. Young quotes the word 'friend'. Taehyung nods his head, scratching his nape.

"Taehyung," Mr. Young pauses, walking a tad closer to the lad. "If you did that to make Ms. Jennie proud, then you have to finish what you have started." The guard smiles, "Believe in yourself."

"Cause Jennie believes in you."

Taehyung instantly looks up to meet Mr. Young's encouraging eyes. Something inside those crinkled orbs tell him to do it, to see everyone what he can do. To show them and Jennie that, Kim Taehyung isn't just a geek with books all over his hands.