After the song was over we went back stage and chatted for a while before I asked if after the show was over if I could get some pictures of us together with my family. She agreed and I went back to my seat for the rest of the show. When the show was over and the place emptied out we took pictures with all of the queens and a lot of them ended up on social media. That was the third time I was legally reprimanded because of the terms of my contract.

            A knock on the door interrupted us and I shot to my feet. Pat sensed my anxiety and told me to hide in closet. I grabbed my duffle bag and carefully walked over to the large coat closet before closing myself inside. I heard Pat open the door and I heard him sigh.

            "It's you knight in shining armor Ashlyn." Pat said from the front door. Relief flooded me as I pushed the door open and found Thea standing just inside the doorway.

            "I'm going on my meal just as my replacement comes in. You need to hop the fence. I can't be seen with you in the patrol car with me. When you see a second police car pull up you can go and I'll meet you around the block, okay." Thea said.

            "Sounds like plan." I said. Thea nodded and let herself out.

            "She seems nice." Pat said with a knowing smile.

            "Don't start, you know I can't be in a relationship." I said and rubbed my head as I came out of closet.

            "Even for a fling, if I were you I would go after her." Pat said with a twinkle in his eye.

            "Please Pat" I sighed and watched as Thea got back into her patrol car.

            "I want to see you get married one of these days Ashlyn. If she is as nice and caring as she seems I wouldn't let her go." Pat said and put his hand on my shoulder.

            I didn't answer him. Thea was kind and caring and protected me from myself when I needed to be brought to my senses. Thea was also gorgeous with her blonde hair, bright hazel eyes and athletic body. In any other circumstances I would try and have at least a one night stand with her. Right now with this much uncertainty in my life, I couldn't drag her down with me.

            Another few minutes past by before another patrol car pulled up behind Thea's. An officer got out and walked over to the driver's side window to talk with Thea for a moment. After a few minutes the officer walked back to his patrol car and Thea pulled away from the curb.

            I pulled the cellphone Thea gave me from my pocket and called Pat's. When he pulled out his phone I hung up and the ringing stopped.

            "That was me, it's my temporary number until I get a new phone. If Bobby or Eli comes back around the house can you please let me know? Also call me if you need any help with the funeral." I said and gave him a hug.

            "Please be careful Ashlyn. I don't know what Bobby was planning with that new contract but he was on a warpath when he came over here." Pat said and pulled away from me.

            "It helps that I'm shacking up with a cop. I love you Pat." I said as opened the back door.

            "I love you too kid." He said and smiled as I closed the door behind me.

            Unlike me, Pat has a white chain link fence in the backyard that I can easily climb. I threw the duffle over first and then climbed over the fence myself. Thea was waiting for me when I landed on the ground with the trunk of the patrol car open. I quickly threw the duffle bag in the back, slammed the lid and got into the car.