8. Back where we started

The walk back to Ren's chamber was tense and deafeningly silent, the indimitating aura that rolled off him had increased ten fold since your impromptu stunt with the Knights.

Kriff why couldn't you keep your mouth shut. 

The doors slid open before he reached them, he didn't slow his pace as you trudged in after him.

The door slid shut as you stood in front of it, eyes downcast. The tell-tale hiss of his helmet releasing and a strange hum made your eyes whip upwards. 

You couldn't describe it, 

Maybe like a VVVVMMMM

Or SWWWWMMMM

Onomatopoeia was not your strong suit.

Kylo stood in the middle of the room with his lightsaber ignited, the unstable red electrical flames danced violently as his chest heaved. 

Eyes illuminated in the glow of the saber he looked upon you with fury in his eyes.

"You think you can disrespect me in front of my Knights?" He seethed, covering the room in two strides, pressing the saber to your neck, the energy pouring from the cross-guard licking at the exposed skin of your throat.

"I told you, you will never control me" Your eyes burned too with the fire of the red light. 

"You will submit" He brought his face so close to yours you could feel his breath on you cheek, Ren punched his fist into the door, making you flinch slightly. You dropped your eyes to the floor, pressing yourself into the door so hard you thought you would simply merge with the metal.

But you gritted your teeth and raised your chin, locking eyes with the monster before you "Never" gathering saliva in your mouth you angled your head down again and spat, hard. Right onto his shoe, your aim was always scholar.

He pushed of the wall, you gasped at the relief of the cool air soothing the burns on your neck.

He swing his lightsaber straight through his desk, eliciting a small yelp from you, the most anger you had witnessed at Yon Morg's was a handful of drunkards sloppily hitting each other over a stolen portion. 

"You are nothing!" He roared, facing you once more.

He stepped closer again, you turned your head but he gripped your chin, pulling your face towards his 

"I am not some mindless droid to do your bidding" You hissed, staring straight into his dark eyes.

A different emotion clouded his eyes, one that you had seen before, in the cell when you had first seen him without his mask, it was desperation. 

His lightsaber hummed as it was withdrawn into the hilt, he exhaled through his nose, still gripping your chin he looked away for a moment, before retuning his gaze to you. 

He grabbed your arm and pulled you across the room, you felt like a rag doll under the exertion of his strength. He arrived at the far wall, jamming a hand into a hidden control panel he revealed a shuttered window that stretched the length of the wall.

He placed you in front of him, gripping the sides of your arms too tight for comfort, you pulled away from where he locked you in place, to no avail. All you could do was look up into his stormy eyes.

His aggression hadn't yet quelled, he only gripped you harder as his voice once again broke the tension in he air. 

"I am trying to offer you the galaxy" He released one arm, spinning you into his chest, leaving you facing the window.