21. Aftermath

-KYLO-

Storming through the ruins of the Hanna City Government Kylo's mind was a storm of emotions, anger flashed like lightening through every thoughts, slicing through the image of her as she brought the very building down upon them. 

He had donned his mask and sheathed his lightsaber by his side, clenching his fists so tightly the leather of his gloves strained. 

She was reckless, the darkness he had first detected in her was morphing. But into what?

Subconciously he threw the force out like a net into the space he so arrogantly thought she would occupy, finding it horrifically empty, only then did the extent of his complacency crash down on him. 

Survivors who were regrouping shrunk away from his striding, masked form. Rightfully scared, but he didn't spare them a glance, instead heading for the now heavily guarded group of senators. 

The guards parted for their Supreme Leader, the Senators looked terrified, and he wanted nothing more than to cleanse the torn grounds of Chandrilla of their convoluted stain. 

But he gritted his teeth, standing still as death waiting for a report. 

It was Senator Burlaq that unwisely spoke up. Good, he had been waiting to throw him against a wall since he had laid his loathsome gaze upon his Little Rebel.

"Senator Demarr of the Retan System plotted with the rebels, they planted three blazer bombs around the building then attacked, we took out most, but Demarr escaped with his aides." The Pantoran shifted uncomfortably, Kylo stood motionless and he lifted the male and flung him against the wall, where he lay crumpled, few Senators even flinched.

Vincu, the Prime Senator, spoke up, diplomacy lacing her steady tone. 

"We have identified the flaws in our security that allowed this to happen, an internal investigation is being ondcuted and we have several influential Retan officials in custody, Demarrs attack was sloppy, only costing us superficial damages and few lives-"

"Senator, spare me a monologue. Fix this mess, I expect reports of your investigations" 

He lied of course, every second he lingered on the Rebels pathetic act of terrorism,  the one he sought could be half way across the galaxy."

-Little Rebel- 

Your first port of call was to swipe a cloak, covering yourself in mud green scratchy material that smelled faintly of urine spared you the gaze of the masses, not that they'd bother with you anyway. The people on the streets of Hanna City were in crisis, catering like mites among the debris. 

Next you meekly enquired where to find an off world station, from what you knew (which was infuriatingly little) Hosinian prime was located within the core worlds, so you would not have to travel out of system. 

A kind vendor took pity on your weary eyes and handed you a loaf of bread, telling you her brother was leaving in a cargo ship from a port at the end of the street. 

She told you to tell her to tell him Verity send you, she was a plump motherly kind, the creases by her eyes told you a story of years of smiles. 

Despite the mayhem around her she showed you kindness gladly accepting your promise to pay it forward.

It was of course a lie, you, a murderer, would be showing no kindness until such time you could afford it.

Still, as you tread down the shadows of the backstreets, you realised you were experiencing freedom for the first time, not held in debt to an abhorrent slave master on Tatooine, or held captive by a tyrannical force of nature.