Chapter 11: A King and a Princess

Começar do início

"Yes I am and we should get going. I had a lot of people I had to convince in order to let you perform tonight. They won't be too happy if we're late."

Anna turned to the group to say goodbye but before she could Zoran engulfed her into a hug. "Don't do anything stupid and I can't wait to see you perform. I'm guessing it's the violin or cello." He said to her as she went around hugging the rest of us.

"It's not actually. You'll have to wait and see what I'm about to do," she said as she got to me. She didn't hug me but instead kissed me on the cheek and winked. "Well see you all later. Be careful." Anna then walked away with the spy man into the trees toward the dark castle.

Zoran turned to me with a stern face "You mister, better treat her well and better than that idiot ever did," shoving his thumb towards Justin "And if you hurt her you'll be facing a worse fate than he got."

"Alright alright! Sheesh, we haven't even done anything or made anything official yet." I said looking slightly terrified

Ariana chuckled. "Oh, he's just overprotective Patrick. I wouldn't be too scared beside Anna's the scary one if we're all being honest."

"Yeah that's true I guess" and everyone nodded in agreement, even scary looking Amos

"Is no one going to defend me and realise it wasn't exactly ME who broke her heart by dumping her. That's the other me"

"Clone or no clone, you still look like the bastard," said Zoran

"Oh come on!" Justin exclaimed and everyone else laughed at that.

A half an hour had passed and we all were still waiting for the signal. Sitting around the campsite just waiting for something to happen. Zoran had started to pace back and forth. If we aren't given a signal soon Zoran might just storm in there himself. I thought to myself. Then through the trees, a flame was beginning to swing back and forth. "Is that the signal?" I asked the others.

"Sure is. It's time. Just go up to the front gates and give them your passes. But first, change into non-army clothes. I put some for each of you in your bags" said Ariana

What each of us pulled out the bags was a fancy suit for each of us. Really? An all-black suit with a red tie? How original... I hate ties I thought to myself as I changed. I put it on and it seemed to fit just right. Not too tight, not too loose. I came out and saw Zoran was wearing a classic tuxedo with a gold bow tie, Jackson had a navy blue suit, and Justin was in a typical black and white suit with a black tie. Octavia came out in a long empire waist purple gown. "We look like we came straight out of James Bond," I said to the group.

"What or who is James Bond?" asked Ariana

We all laughed and Jackson turned to her and said "Don't worry about it. It's an inside joke thing"

"Alright well, you all need to get going anyway. Octavia knows where to go. Remember to keep your heads down, stay out of trouble, and most importantly keep your mouths shut" said Ariana as she started to usher us along

"Don't worry about the Princess. I'll keep her safe. Only make a move if Anna is in trouble." said Amos as he loaded his gun and put his sword away

"Yes ma'am. Let's go and show you boys what it's like to live in Narnia nowadays" Octavia said as she started to exit the wood

Once out of the woods and into the castle town we came to the entrance to King Adam's show. It was as if we were entering a club like in the movies. There were soldiers standing at the front with metal detectors and a line out the door and around the corner that we were skipping since we had VIP passes. It was a bit weird because you had medieval architecture, weapons, and armour but there was also some modern technology, clothing, and weapons. It was like a mix of the two. When we got to the VIP line we walked on a red carpet and escorted past security to another checkpoint that we passed easily. Then Octavia took us to where we were sitting. Which box sitting that was directly next to where we assumed the king was sitting. I had comfy looking chairs and the view of the stage and rest of the theatre and dance floor was amazing. We could see everything and had a good vantage point, But someone was already there.