"I know, but I still want to know, do you think he's handsome?"

"If it will please you, yes, he is handsome."

"Finally, you have admitted it my dear."

"Would you mind marrying him?"

"No, I think that I could be happy if I was married to His Majesty."

Someone bumps into my back and I feel something wet begin to run down my back. I turn around to see a shattered wine glass at the feet of Lady Florence Abruzzo. She gasps and covers her mouth with her hands. Then she reaches out to me. "I am so sorry Lady Isabella. I must have tripped over my own feet. I apologize a thousand imes over."

"It is alright Lady Florence, could you please find Lord John Gifford for me and inform him what happened."

"Of course."

She runs off and Princesa Lucia places her hand on my shoulder. "Isabella it wasn't an accident. I watched her face turn to anger when you said that you would be happy in a marriage with His Majesty. She threw the wine on your back and dropped the glass. Come on, we need to get you changed. You're lucky that it was white wine."

The Princesa walks out of the ballroom with me and at the entrance of the ballroom she calls for a footman. Brodie walks over and Lucia instructs him to escort me to my chambers. He offers his arm to me and I take it. We quickly walk through the halls to my chambers. When we reach my chambers I knock on the door and Eliza opens the door. "Miss! What are you doing here?"

"Someone threw wine on me, I need the third dress."

"Of course. Come in. THEODOSIA GET THE THIRD DRESS!"

Eliza closes the door and rushes me into the dressing room. Anna begins to unbind the laces on the back of the dress and pull it off my body as Theodosia walks into the room carrying the dark wine colored dress. Anna leaves the room carrying the off white dress with her. She unties the gold laces and pulls the gown over my head. She pulls the gown over my body, the gown fits my body perfectly. She arranges the skirt around my legs before beginning to tie the laces of the gown. As Theodosia pulls the laces closed, Eliza takes the necklace off of my neck and messes with my hair. Making sure it looks the same as it did earlier. She opens up a jewelry box and begins to look through my necklaces. She finds a gold one and clasps it around my neck. When the white laces of the gown are tied Eliza finishes messing with my hair and sends me to the mirror for a moment. I look at my reflection for a moment. The dark red wine gown flows to the ground around me. The gold embroidery, accessories, and details accent the wine color of the dress. Then, Eliza sends me out of my chambers, telling me that I cannot miss the ball. Eliza opens the door and pushes me out of my chambers. Brodie is waiting in the hallway and offers his arm to me. I place my hand on his elbow, and we walk down the hall.

<><><>

When we reach the ballroom, we part ways, and I walk back into the crowd. Conversations flood over me and fill my ears. "I want to marry the king."

"Doll, get a better sense of style then."

"You! Get me a glass of wine."

"Look at him, he is so handsome."

"Look at her, poor thing, she's such a wretch."

"Don't say that."

"I'm so worried about my son."

"I need to marry my daughter off soon."

"My son needs a wife."

"Where is my glass of wine?"

"Look at the ballerinas."

"Her hairstyle and dress are so outdated."

"She cannot wear that color with her skin tone."

"I want someone to ask me to dance."

Dancing couples that are not on the dance floor bump into the nobles around them. Wine is splashed onto the floor as drunk lords stumble towards other noblewomen. Ballerinas dance alongside and through the waltzing couples on the dance floor. Noblewomen are flocked by noblemen, begging for dances. Drunk nobles stumble out into the gardens and hide in the maze, kissing and speaking. I walk over to the dining area and sit near the back, where very few nobles are sitting. Then I take an empty seat and breathe deeply.

A/N: I've been listening to the Newsies again and forgot how much I love it. Hamilton movie comes out in 2 days!!!!!!! I am so excited, I love that Disney+ is putting professionally filmed musicals on Disney+. It is making my life complete. Thank you for reading and please vote or comment any question or whatever you want to say (voting and comments help my rankings and allow other people to be able to find TSQ) Love, MorrigansFlight