have you ever had one of those days? ch-6

Have you ever had one of those days? Ch-6

The room was empty when I awoke and I felt so alone now. My heart ached as the desperation filled my body. Where was Ariel? Her scent hung to the air as if it were a perfume. I missed her so much she was my creator. Never had such a void been apart of me. My head was much clearer now though. It was as if I had been in a fog and suddenly it cleared allowing me to see with such clarity. The past few days had not been a dream. I was a vampire and I liked it. Now my body felt so alive and powerful. No longer would I be that mousy little girl who longed for attention; going through the motions of a normal life to please those around myself. My once limp hair stood bouncy and shiny as if it had been styled and my skin although pale was flawless. Twisting my head I allowed it to dance around my face as I giggled like a child. Now I was a beautiful creature who took what she wanted. Right now I wanted food. Running my tongue across the sharp points of my fangs they felt so amazing.

My hearing was tuned into a drumming sound from the other room. Thump...thump...thump...Sliding out of the bed I went to investigate what called me. The living room was almost dark with only a small lamp on in the corner. My sight was surprisingly clear though. The thumping continued to thud in my ears calling me to it. Moving noiselessly to a door to the far right I twisted the knob and slowly opened it.

 Todd lay asleep in a bed. His chest rose and fell as his heart beat in a pleasant rhythm. It was almost a song to my ears. Moving closer to the bed I could now smell him. First his spicy cologne filled my sensitive nose but it was quickly replaced by the scent of his blood. So sweet and intoxicating he was. As a man he was attractive with ashy blonde hair and a well built body but as food he was mind blowing. Hunger gnawed at my stomach as my fangs extended into long sharp points; grabbing his curly hair I latched my fangs into his neck. He was amazing. My mind filled with pleasure as I sucked at his vain. He kicked and fought trying to pull me away from him now. I was so strong now he had no chance of escaping. The more he struggled the faster his heart raced urging me to take more.

"Carrie, stop! You have to stop...Ariel will be angry..."

His last words caused me to break my hold on him. Ariel was my master and I wanted to please her. Todd pushed away grasping the bed post for support while pressing on his neck to slow the bleeding.  His breathing was labored now as he tried to speak.

"You have to lick the bite to seal it....can you do that without killing me?"

Fear drifted off of him and it was exciting to me. He needed to stop the bleeding though. Pulling my eyes from the blood oozing out around his hand I looked into his eyes. They were pale blue now and plead with me to help. Remembering how I had helped people before I was this creature caused a pang of guilt. Ariel had come to me for help calling this an addiction. Slowly I moved to close the puncture marks that still seeped that sweet red liquid.

Todd had been weak after my attack but my hunger was satisfied for the moment. He moved around the small kitchen preparing a meal for him self. The beat of his heart was low and his breathing was mesmerizing. Pouring a glass of juice he looked at me tensely.

"I am not for your snacking Carrie." His voice was low but I heard it loud and clear. The anger was just below the surface threatening to bubble over. How dare he treat me with this disrespect? "I belong to Ariel." Now that hint of sadness returned to him.

"What are you for if not food?" I recalled how he had lured the blonde here for Richard. Stopping as he took a bite of scrambled eggs, he replyed.

"I help Ariel and she needs me."

"So you get her food?"

He spoke harshly, "Yeah I get stupid ass people to give themselves to her among other things." before he slowly raises the glass to his lips drinking its contents. The movements in his neck were teasing me as he drank.