Chapter Two

After a long day at university, Zoya finally returned home. It was a exhausting day for her as she got loads of work but most importantly, the news of his best friend leaving her for two whole years was the main reason. Oh my gosh. Its going to be hard.

She changed her clothes and went downstairs in the living room where her family was sitting. Zoya had extremely loving parents plus a very annoying younger sister, Eshal.

She greeted them with a salam and sat lazily on the couch. "Walaiqum as Salam, beta! How was your day? You look tired...is everything alright?" Her father asked with eyes full of concern. "It was a hectic day, Abbu"
Inhaling a deep breath she continued "Zain is going to Canada for two years". Upon hearing this news, Eshal's eyes shot up "WHAT?! Why!?"

"Eshal calm down...Zoya why is he going to Saudia?Is everything alright?" Ammi asked. "Yes Amma, his mother wants him to go and complete his studies and get a job in Saudia" Zoya replied, her eyes filled with tears. "Chalo achi baat hai! He's going to come back soon" Abba said trying to cheer up our mood. "And when is he leaving, Zoya beta?" Ammi questioned.

"Tomorrow" She replied. Zoya could see how gloomy the atmosphere got as Zain was just like our family. After informing them, I rushed up to my room and let go of the tears and emotions i was holding in.

As Zain was leaving, my parents invited him and his entire family for dinner.We all had a peaceful dinner and it was time for Zain to leave. I bid my salam to Zain and was about to shut the front door when he stopped me.

We both locked eyes and for a minute, his blue eyes were so breathtaking and mesmerising that I couldn't take my eyes off. 'Astagfirullah zoya, get a grip on yourself' i thought and i blurted a 'what' from my mouth. He came back to reality. By his expressions, i knew he wanted to tell me something ,something very important, but he controlled himself. "Can you come to drop me off at the airport tomorrow?" he asked. "Duhh Zain! Ofcourse I'm going to come" I smile at him and a chuckle escaped his mouth. "Okay...goodbye zoi" and with that he left.

I froze for a second. Wait did he just.....? Zoi.....? He's soo cutee! Wait what?! Shut up Zoya...its just a nickname. I came back to my senses when i heard the car's engine roaring to life and zooming out of the garage. I immediately closed the door and went back to my room.

That night. I couldn't sleep. My brain just kept repeating one thing. I should tell him. But he doesn't care..we are just friends. But what if he feels the same? Yeah! Wait no. Its wrong. I can't tell him. Not right now.

I couldn't think straight. I was confused. Very confused. We had shared everything until now but I cannot bring the courage to tell Zain about this. These thoughts covered my mind and as i thought and thought...i eventually drifted into a deep slumber. Leaving my thoughts behind temporarily.

This chapter is a bit short. My apologies. Give me your reviews and vote for me!