Twenty Four: "Burn Your Castle Down."

Calum glanced back at Luke as the man sat on the edge of his bed, the blond silently understanding and looking away for Calum to change

Calum glanced back at Luke as the man sat on the edge of his bed, the blond silently understanding and looking away for Calum to change. He turned back to stripping his shirt off, still shuddering and having a linger of eyes on his back but knowing Luke was respecting his want of not being watched as he changed.

He knew Luke had already seen what was carved on his back, just unable to shake being as vulnerable in the daytime as he was the in the middle of the night in Luke's eyes and the blond understood. He turned back when a round of knocks sounded on the other side of the door, looking to Calum to answer it when he was ready.

The brunet nodded at him as he made his way over to the door, opening it up to see Harry standing there as Luke moved to stand behind him and hear what the younger had to say. Harry only looked pleasantly surprised by the sight of the blond, not sure if his surprise was in Calum actually letting Luke stay in his room for the few days he had been or pleasantness in the fact of Calum finally taking proper care of himself and the two of them getting closer.

He tried biting back his smile when Calum looked back at him, the older brunet rolling his eyes as he asked what Harry needed, caught inside of his embarrassment when Harry's face cleared up to remembering why he came up, "Miri's downstairs for you. We're ready to leave whenever you are."

Calum nodded quietly, Harry taking it upon himself to dismiss himself from the door and giving Calum the opportunity to shut the door and turn around to avoid Luke's eyes. The blond didn't speak up, refraining from touching the other man either because only at night was Calum ready to be coddled and shielded. They sat in silence for sometime, Luke only watching and waiting for Calum to collect himself before the brunet looked up at him then turned to open the door again. He followed suit when Calum walked out, the house bare upstairs but they both could hear the clamor of life downstairs.

The two walked into the middle of it all, a bustle of men and women readying themselves for whatever Calum had them do as Harry walked back up to the pair at the end of the stairs. He whistled sharply to catch the groups attention, those who heard and stopped catching the attention of those who hadn't heard until everyone came to a stand still and turned to face Calum and waited instruction. Luke gently and subtly brushed his hands against Calum's as he walked down to stand before the man rather than beside, letting Calum see him as he stood.

The brunet cleared his throat softly, balling his fist up until his knuckles cracked lightly before he spoke up to the waiting crowd, "I'm not waisting time with a speech, y'all know what we're going into. Ashton's nothing new to any of us. I just...just don't hurt Michael. He's innocent and I'd rather not have innocent blood on anyone's hands."

The crowd took in his request with ease, Calum dismissing them to leave and locking eyes with Luke. The same bustle picked up around the two as Calum stepped down and stopped in front of him, estate clearing out quickly with only the sound of rotating clicks and stampeding feet that soon turned to silence with only Luke and Calum standing together before Luke motioned for Calum to take the lead. He rolled his neck as he walked out, faint clicks like the sound of a gun as he walked out and held his head high, not sure if he was faking or not anymore. Harry pulled the door shut behind the two men, Miri taking off quickly behind the rest of the having left cars.