Chapter 1

"The red flags are usually there; you just have to keep your eyes open wider than your heart

"The red flags are usually there; you just have to keep your eyes open wider than your heart."    ― April Mae Monterrosa

Chapter 1

I glanced over a photo frame in my room as I finished dressing up for the event, I was rather nervous I mean who wouldn't be. I quickly locked up my apartment as I headed off to my car, knowing I couldn't afford to be late at all.

With much urgency and caution I speeded over to the venue, I noticed that there was already a lot of guest who had arrived and let alone the organisers of the event themselves were already present.

I pulled up to the front lobby as the buildings valet offered to take my car as I was ushered into the dazzling lobby. Our company's director/CEO sure doesn't hold back on finding a suitable venue to accommodate everyone.

I exchanged my information with the front lobby staff as they helped me check in to the event. They also handed me my seat number which I happily took and made my way to the dining hall where the event was sure to start any time now.

...

I settled into my seat as guest flooded the vicinity as I just sat there glued to my seat, not really knowing most people as I was fairly new to the company. I made sure to greet and bow to my Sunbae's, as I exchanged short greetings with them.

I conversed with my fellow workers as our table fairly consisted of new employees whom I've made acquittances with during the interview process and our orientation. Most of them applied for security department of the company which I originally wanted to join as well, but my Sunbae whom interviewed me recommended that with my given credentials I'm more suited for a managing role which I happily obliged.

I felt someone tapped my shoulder and to my surprise it was Minsoo whom I befriended on orientation. "Y/N are you at least nervous at all?" Which I happily offered a reassuring smile to calm his nerves down. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't"

"It sucks that you won't be in the same department as Hyunwoo and I, but I guess we'll see each other from time to time, right?" as he playfully punched my arm, causing both of us to laugh. "Rather happy to be honest, I don't have to deal with both your annoying ass" as I gestured over towards where Hyunwoo was sitting opposite the both of us, giving us a funny face causing 3 of us to laugh even more.