CΉΛPƬΣЯ ΣLΣVΣП

Start from the beginning

My nerves started kicking in when I knocked on the door, the teacher opened it giving me a look. "Nice of you to join us, go sit down." He said gruffly and I nodded my head, anxiety flooding my vein. I kept my head down when I made my way to the back, ignoring Alice's stare as I sat down. The teacher resumed his lesson and that gave me the chance to ease my nerves, Alice wouldn't talk during a lesson unless we were finished, she was too much of a good student to do that.

When the class did end, I waited for everyone to leave and unfortunately, that left Alice and me together as I put my things away to leave, she came to my side and started bombarding me with questions. "Where were you at lunch? Why didn't you answer any of our texts? Are you even listening?" She stopped in front of me looking at me with an angry expression.

"I went out to get food, I didn't answer because my phone was on silent and I am," I told her quietly, she was getting me nervous, was she going to ignore the fact that we almost kissed?

"What's wrong?" She asked, her voice changed to a softer tone. "Nothing, I'm tired. You should get to class, teachers are gonna be wondering where their favorite student went." She furrowed her eyebrows at my cold tone, and before she could ask anything else, I had passed her to go to class.

When I got to math, I was bombarded with the same questions, to which I shrugged off. I didn't want to repeat myself, I honestly wanted to go home and sulk even more, maybe forget that they exist and be alone. I'll figure it out. Class ended and it signaled the end of the day, and I was ready to leave for home for. We left towards the parking lot, Krista and Klaus started parking next to the Cullens now that they all started being friends. That made me wanna kill myself because I would have to face Alice.

We stopped in front of them and Emmett saw me and got excited. "(Y/n)! I missed you at lunch!" He exclaimed, running towards me and lifting me in a hug. "I need air Em," I told him as he was crushing my lungs with his muscles, he put me down and the others looked at me. "If you're gonna ask me the same questions, I went to the diner for lunch and my phone was on silent, that's why I didn't answer you." My voice was unpleasantly rough, and I took my hood down to show my slightly messy hair.

They just nodded their heads at me, not asking any more questions and talking amongst themselves. "(Y/n), can we talk?" Alice's voice brought me out of my bored trance, I nodded my head. I couldn't ignore her forever and whatever she said could make or break me. She brought me towards her car, away from the others, and started talking, "Why are you being cold to me? Don't lie." She pointed her finger into my chest.

I sighed at her and started talking, "I thought to ignore you. That's why I'm being cold." Her eyes held heartbreak and it made me feel guilty. "Why?" She asked me in a hurt voice. "When we almost kissed in the forest? I thought you were embarrassed that I tried that with you. And when Lucy called me, she said you didn't want her to, so I thought you didn't want anything to do with me." I told her simply, the pain in my chest increasing with every word I said.

She grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes. "I'm not embarrassed, if anything I thought you were embarrassed when we almost kissed. I didn't mean to hurt you and I didn't mean to make it seem like I didn't like you anymore because if I'm being honest I like you so much. I was just disappointed that we got cut off. I asked you on a date previously, why would you think I wouldn't want to kiss you?" She said nervously, and I couldn't be happier.

A smile spread across my face when I heard the words come out of her mouth, "You aren't messing with me?" I said shocked. She shook her head and when I was about to reciprocate my feelings, Chief Swan's police cruiser pulled into the parking lot, stopping just in front of us. He got out of the car and I gave him a raised eyebrow, "Hey Officer Swan, what's up?"