Chapter One-Hundred-and-Three - The Great Escape

you guys I'm so sorry for not updating since the end of may I literally thought I updated like two weeks ago time flew :(((

Waiting, you found out, meant two days of sitting with a bobby pin in your hair and simultaneously praying for the guards to leave the room and praying that you wouldn't be chosen next. A total of six hybrids had been carted off to god knows where in those five hours, each one wide eyed and trembling as they were led to what you presumed was a testing room. 

Although you weren't a hybrid, you knew that Jennie had it cut out for you, and you really didn't wanna see what she was planning to do to you. You were currently slumped against the side of your cage, two fingers interlocked with Taehyung's through the metal bars. Your stomach felt like it was eating itself, you hadn't had food for over 24 hours and you simply weren't used to that. 

Jungkook was dozed off in his cage, cheek slumped against the bars as he snoozed. You weren't sure how he managed to fall asleep in his current situation, but you were just glad he was getting sleep. He hadn't stopped crying since you had gotten there, presumable since he had gotten there, and the only time he was able to stop was when he was asleep, cried out. You managed to wriggle a few fingers into his cage, though it was at a very awkward and semi-painful angle, wiping his cheeks free of tears and blinking back the tears that threatened to spill from your eyes. 

Finally you watched as both hands of the clock mounted on the wall aligned at 12, and the guards each murmured to each other. 

"No, you have to do it! I did it yesterday!" One of the guards shoved a shorter one to stand in front of him, offering him up as bait.

"I am not telling Jennie that we're taking our lunch. That never goes well, and I'm not gonna risk it."

"Well we have to eat sometime! The employees can't be as hungry as the prisoners!" The guards all chuckled, sneering at the mass of caged hybrids over their shoulders.

"Fine. Fine, but you're paying for my meal."

"What?! That's not how it works!"

"I'm changing the rules." The men snickered, all pushing and shoving the guard in front and nearly making him lose his balance as they exited the room. You waited for a minute, until their boot steps could no longer be heard marching down the hallway, then you reached a hand up, and slid the bobby pin out of your hair.

"Okay. Everyone, keep quiet. We can't make a bunch of loud noise. I'll get myself out, then go down the line and you should all be free by the time the guards get back. We need someone to stand as a lookout, who wants to do it?"

"I can." Namjoon whispered, voice raspy and gruff from lack of use, "The guards store their uniforms in that cabinet, and they don't wear them to lunch. Would two other people stand with me outside the door, just so that no one walks by and thinks something is off?"

Two hybrids from across the room volunteered, each with ears small enough to tuck into the hat that the guards had been wearing.

"Okay. I'll unlock your cages first, and then start on everyone else's. If someone is coming, just say hello to them as soon as you see them. Then we can either formulate a quick attack plan, or get back into the cages and pretend they're all locked."

You slid a finger through the bars of your cage, flipping the padlock from the outside to the inside. You carefully maneuvered the pin into the slot meant for the key, gently wriggling it farther and farther in until you heard a soft click, and the lock popped open. 

"Okay. That wasn't too bad, getting you all out shouldn't take very long-"

"Ah, Y/N, it's nice to see you out and about!" An icy voice traveled through the room and you froze, slowly turning to face Jennie. 

"Just let us go, Jennie, this is ridiculous. What do you think you're going to get out of this?"

Jennie fake sighed, tapping her chin in mock consideration, "Money. Lots of it. And a hybrid of my own."

"You're sick."

"And you're insane, you thought you could escape from me? Cameras don't always look like cameras." Jennie pointed to the clock on the wall, and upon further inspection, a lens was hidden right in the middle, where a rivet would have been to hold the hands to the clock.

"Listen Jennie, if you don't-" Your words were cut off by a shout, eyes squeezing shut when Jennie surged forwards, pulling a knife from her pocket and backing you against the wall, holding it flush to your throat.

"You have no power over me now, Y/N. Your credentials mean nothing, I could kill you right now, easily. Now, give me the pin, and get back inside that cage, or I will kill you, and it won't be pretty." 

You gulped, letting her yank your hands behind your back and push you back over to your cage. The tip of the knife was pointed tantalizingly close to your spine, and you didn't want to feel what it was like to get stabbed. You had one knee up into the cage when you heard a scream and you whipped around to see the hybrid guard from before, a hand over Jennie's mouth and another knife pinned to her stomach.

"Did you really think I'd come quietly?"

"Chanyeol, I-"

"No! I can't believe you thought that as a former hybrid police officer, manning the hybrid department, who's job it was to help hybrids in need, that I'd just let you do this! Your ego and your idiocy worked together to bring you down, now you have to pay the price of your poor decisions." Your eyes widened as the hybrid slid off his mask and was, in fact, Chanyeol, watching as he grabbed a pair of handcuffs from off of the table that had yet to be used on a poor hybrid, and locked them around Jennie's wrists.

"Chanyeol, you're one person. How do you expect to overpower this whole building of guards?"

"Because, I'm going to do this," Chanyeol lifted Jennie's arms, hoisting her into the air and looping the chain of her handcuffs over a hook that the guards had hung their hats on, leaving her feet dangling off the floor, "And I'm going to free these hybrids, and we're going to fight. We won't be pushed around any longer."

Jennie screamed and struggled to try and get her feet back on the ground but she was left hanging helplessly on the wall, her cries mingling with the poor hybrids' down in the testing room.

Chanyeol turned to you, breathless, and handed you his set of keys, "Let's go."