Chapter Seventy-Nine - Hot Chocolate

You thanked Jimin for his help and for keeping quiet about the surprise, squeezing Jungkook tightly before setting him down on the ground. You ruffled his hair, crouching down and kissing his little button nose before standing again, leading him to his bike. You grabbed Taehyung's hand, lacing your fingers in his and swinging your hands slightly back and forth as you walked down the sidewalk. You turned towards the other side of the street, walking to the cat cafe and locking Jungkook's bike up outside. You entered the small coffee shop, reaching a hand up to stroke one of the cats that was perched on a cat tree beside the door. 

Jungkook reached for a grey cat that walked past him, giggling when the kitten padded over and wound around his legs. He sat on the floor, hugging the cat tightly when it hopped into his lap. 

You stepped around him, throwing him a smile, "Do you want a hot chocolate bunny?" He nodded vigorously, grinning his little bunny grin at you from his spot on the floor. You and Taehyung ordered your own drinks, ordering a hot chocolate with whipped cream for Jungkook. You asked for a cupcake as well, thanking the man when you received your order. You hid the cupcake from Jungkook, sitting at a small table in the corner and waving Jungkook over. He waddled towards you, the grey cat still cradled in his arms and he clumsily climbed onto one of the chairs, taking a sip of his drink. A cream colored cat wove her way around your ankles and you reached down to pet her as you sipped your coffee. Taehyung tried to pet one of the cats that walked past him but the animal sniffed his hand for a second, turning away with it's head held high.

Taehyung pouted, propping his face up on his hands as he sulked. You laughed, gently grabbing the cat at your feet and handing her to Taehyung. She didn't resist, instead nuzzling her face into Taehyung's flannel shirt. You heard the bell signaling that someone else had entered the cafe and looked up to see Namjoon and Joy, smiling and waving at you. All the cats in the cafe, save for the ones in Taehyung and Jungkook's arms and the grumpy one from earlier crowded around the little girl, meowing and pawing at her for attention. She squealed, picking up an especially small kitten that was fighting his way through the crowd. He was clearly the runt of his litter but Joy didn't seem to care as she snuggled her face into his.

Namjoon, through a hand on her back, guided her to your table and thanked you for inviting them along. You'd planned for the two of them to meet up with you because you knew that Joy and Jungkook were especially close. He left to order and you helped the little girl sit on the chair beside Jungkook, cat still clutched in her arms. You were starting to wonder if the cat from before had only rejected Taehyung's affection because he was a dog hybrid, but the cat made no move to greet Joy, the actual cat hybrid, so you figured he was just grumpy. 

Namjoon returned with two drinks in his hands, sitting down beside you and handing one of them to Joy. The kitten in her arms curled up in her lap and continually nudged his head into her hand so that she'd pet him. You spotted your final guests arriving at the cafe and subtly waved at them, trying not to alert Jungkook of their presence.

Yugyeom walked through the door, Jackson holding onto his hand and Jinyoung balanced on his hip. The baby cat hybrid cooed at the swarm of cats that greeted him at the door and Yugyeom bent down, holding his little chubby hand and helping him pet the cats gently.

Jackson bounded over to your table, nearly trampling some of the cats that ran out of his way. You laughed, helping him sit on Jungkook's other side and holding out your hands for Jinyoung when Yugyeom walked over to you.

"Would you just hold him while I order? Thanks Y/N."

He smiled as you took the baby from him, retreating to the counter to get drinks. You cooed at the child in your arms, nuzzling your nose against his and sitting him sideways on your lap. You coaxed a medium sized cat over, gently lifting him to sit on your lap opposite Jinyoung. The baby reached for the cat, giggling when the cat's tail brushed against his hand. You supported Jinyoung's back as the cat rubbed itself against the baby, eliciting purrs from both Jinyoung and the kitten. You watched, laughing as the cat curled up in the baby's lap that was much to small. Typical cat behavior.

"Y/N? Will you help me get a kitty to sit with me?"

"Here Jackson, I will." Yugyeom was back, reaching for a cat that sat on the floor a few feet away from the children. He lowered him onto Jackson's lap, warning Jackson that he had to be gentle with her and sit fairly still. The thumping of the puppy's tail against the seat gave away that Jackson was not as calm as he claimed to be, but it was adorable, so everyone let it slide. A cat jumped onto Namjoon's shoulder, startling the man slightly before he relaxed, petting the purring animal. Yugyeom sat next to Namjoon, letting a small ginger cat hop up onto his lap before starting on his drink. All of the kids sipped their hot chocolate, happily chattering about whatever came to their minds. Both Jinyoung and the kitten were curled up together, asleep in your lap and you snapped so many pictures you thought that your phone would run out of storage.

You leaned over to Yugyeom and Namjoon, Taehyung's hand clutched in yours as you explained that you had adopted Jungkook as your son in a low voice. They all congratulated you, telling you that they had gifts for Jungkook back home.

"Actually Y/N, I wanted to get Taehyung's opinion on something, can I take him with me after this to go look at it?"

"Uhm, sure, I guess. That okay with you Taehyung?"

The dogboy beside you nodded, smiling a little too wide at you and squeezing your hand tighter. Taehyung thought he was being inconspicuous, he really did, but it was hard to conceal the fact that he was nervous because after this, he was going with Namjoon to buy you a wedding ring.