Starting the day with a bang.

Breathe in..... Breathe out..... Breathe in..... Breathe out

"Coleen! Come down and eat your breakfast! You're gonna be late for school!" Yelled Patricia, Coleen's mother, from the kitchen.

She sighed and Coleen got up from her bed, already dressed for school a.k.a hell.

She exhaled once more and with a determined expression, she said "I can do this, just 8 more months and I'll be out of that - hole."

She hurridly grabbed her bag, checked everything, and ran down the stairs. Coleen being a clutz, stabbed her toe in the process.

"Shit!" She hissed. "I do not need this" looking down at her ,now, throbbing foot. Coleen sat down on the bar stool at the very end of the kitchen counter. She looked around and found that her mom was nowhere in site. As soon as her ass touched the seat, she caught a whiff of something burning. And there it was, burnt toast and eggs.

"I can't believe she burnt them again." She whispered to herself. Coleen grabbed a plate, helped herself with the eggs and started eating.

"Oooh... Sorry honey. I thought I turned the stove off already." Pat cringed at the site of her daughter's food. She stopped and looked at Coleen for a moment as if she was about to say something but hesitated. Patricia grabbed her keys, kissed her daughter goodbye and told her not wait for her because she will come home late.

After Coleen's mom was out the door, she rolled her eyes and muttered "aren't you always?" She finished her food, put on her jacket and also left the cold and quiet house.