Chapter: 5

Chapter 5

The Assailants of Death

So. My sisters took me to this nation known as, Planeptune. There, I was going to meet the friends of my sisters. I thought it was just going to be a relaxed situation. And then, I found myself in....Chaos.

"I...I can't believe I've been put into a corner like this!", an energetic voice spoke.
"What can I say, Neptune? You were always incompetent and easy to fool.", a confident voice told her with glee.

"I wouldn't mock her like that if I were you. I just made you use that attack on me, which doubled my power instead.", a mature sounding voice spoke back to her.
"When did you...? I thought we had a deal, Vert!", Noire spoke to her.
"Screw your optics. I am just going to kill all of you...Right here.", my big sister spoke in a quiet but angry tone.
"To think that it has come to this!", was Neptune's comment on the situation.

"...Why?", a meek voice was heard from Neptune, before the screaming.
"WHY DID THE TV TURN OFF?!!!!", the whole nation could hear Neptune's surprised screech.
Here I was in the room of Planeptune's CPUs. Where I had to watch goddesses shout at each other about whose fault it was and who would've won. Meanwhile, the other little sisters were playing on their handhelds together before looking at the chaos.
I also overheard Neptune say, "Did we really need to make this joke that was used before in the beginning of Victory?! Come on...I was going to activate a trap card. Was there really no better way to start this second volume?!!"

They were playing this new card game that was in a battle royal format. With up to a hundred players! But the 4 of them were playing amongst themselves first. They had an argument amongst each other, and figured it should be settled with a children's card game, like everything should. After a few minutes, IF came into the room and told us, "Hey, Nep. Could you tell everyone to quiet down? We're not the only ones in this building."

Neptune whined over at IF, "BUT IFFY!! The TV! It doesn't work!!"
IF sighed and scratched the back of her head before telling her, "There have been reports coming in rapidly of power outages all over Planeptune. That wouldn't have been too weird on its own, but then other strange reports have come in. Some areas actually have increased in power output it had doubled even. And some power outages can last from a minute to half an hour, and some still don't have power. Not that you have to worry. The emergency generator should be up soon."

"Eh?! What the heck is up with that?!", Neptune asked.
"That is what I'm about to find out.", IF told her with a direct tone.
"Aw, you're leaving already?", Neptune asked, she sounded disappointed.
"Just for an hour or two. I just need to get more information as to what might cause it.", IF told her with a dry voice before speaking up in a "Everything will be fine", tone saying, "I'll be sure to be back for the rest of the day."
"Oh well. It can't be helped. Please come back soon, okay? I need my big Iffy energy.", Neptune told her happily.

IF relaxed her face a bit and in a slightly mocking tone replied, "What is that? Big Iffy energy."
"The retorting straight man power that you give off. Only Noire can come close to being the straight man, but she is already the butt monkey, making her do two roles is taxing, you know?!", Neptune jokingly told her.
"Hey! Who are you calling a butt monkey?!", Noire's screams at Neptune were ignored.
"So we really were a comedy routine, huh? Well, either way. I'll be back soon, okay?", IF responded with a retort before saying her goodbye.

"Bye bye!", was what Neptune said as she leaned over the edge of the couch.
Nepgear just politely told her, "Good luck with your work."
The others said similar things.
When IF was leaving, Compa too, wished her luck.
I myself didn't say anything. I was just sitting next to big sis, observing things shyly.
"Ah! The power is back on.", It seemed Ram had been paying attention after hearing the power was down. At first, I didn't understand why she was so excited, considering she was playing on a handheld. Then she came to me, it was not for herself that she was excited.