CΉΛPƬΣЯ ƬΣП

Start from the beginning

"Thank you so much, Ace." She smiled at me and took my hand, leading me back downstairs. We passed Esme and I waved at her, she waved back with a smile. "C'mon, I got something else to show you." She led me into the woods outside her house, we dodged fallen logs and made it to a clearing. It was a small clear pond with a couple of fish in it, it look peaceful.

"Woah, you're spicing up my life today." I joked at her while looking through the clear pond at the fish at the bottom. "I found this place a couple of days ago, it's beautiful isn't it?" I nodded my head and sat down on a patch of grass near the pond, Alice sat next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

We were both silent, taking in the peacefulness of the area, the trees were extremely tall and the plants around us were as beautiful as the next. Alice took her head from my shoulder, I looked over to see what she was doing but she was just looking at me. Taking in her appearance, I noticed how her golden eyes would shimmer from the reflection of the water, her pale skin beautifully smooth and her nose strongly fitting her face.

I trailed my eyes towards her lips, they're shaped with a perfect bow and have an exquisite fullness to them. I looked back into her eyes only to find her eyes looking down, at what I could only assume were my lips. I brought my hand up towards her cheek, bringing her closer to me, both our eyes were half-lidded and our lips were inches apart. I looked into her eyes for permission and just when she was about to nod, a snapping sound brought my attention away.

I moved away and looked toward where I heard the sound come from, the only thing I saw was a baby deer and when it caught sight of us it ran away. I let out a huff and ran my hand through my hair in embarrassment, when I looked at Alice she was looking down. I only felt more embarrassment from that and started thinking that it was in the heat of the moment type thing.

Attempting to get away from this situation, I stood up and told her, "We should start heading back, it's getting late and I've got to get home soon." She just nodded her head and lead the way back to her house, tension between us made the walk back to her house extremely awkward. When we got back to the house Alice told me to stay out while she got my stuff, she came back out a couple of minutes later handing me my backpack and the box that held my headphones.

The ride back to my house was just as awkward and I didn't know what to do. I've never been in this situation before, which makes it all the more difficult for me. She parked in my driveway waiting for me to exit her car, I looked over at her and shit her a smile. "I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked hopefully, she smiled back at me and replied, "You know it."

I opened her car door and stepped out, before closing it I made sure to thank her before she left. "Thank you again, Ace." I lifted the box, and she just gave me another smile and muttered a small 'you're welcome' before speeding off after I closed her door.

When she left, I wanted nothing more than to smash my head into my door because of how stupid I was. I got into my house and immediately ran up to my room, dropping my stuff down, I slammed my door and groaned loudly. "Why am I so fucking stupid." I threw the box on my bed and slumped against the wall.

"Fuck me." I kept repeating the same words over and over again, wanting to get through my head how stupid I was for trying something with her. Sure our relationship was flirty and playful, but it was wrong for me to assume that Alice and I could be something more.

My heart felt heavy at the fact that she didn't look at me the way she did before and knowing that she'll probably hate me, hurts even more. 

I looked over at my phone and wondered if I should send a 'sorry' text but decided against it. I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower, turning the water on hot, I waited to get in. A hot shower should be what I need to relax, but every time I thought of something it would always lead to how I failed to kiss Alice and how embarrassing things will be.

Getting out, I noticed my phone started buzzing which got me confused, I looked at it and saw that I was getting a call from Lucy. I picked up and answered, "Hello?" I didn't hear anything for a bit, so I asked again, "Hello?" Then Lucy's voice came through, "(Y/n)! What's up?" I heard struggling in the background and small grunts. "Nothing, what's with the noise in the background?" I asked concerned, she laughed, however, and quickly told me, "Oh that's Alice, she's been trying to stop me from calling you."

At that, my heart sank and I didn't want to talk to anyone. "Oh. Um hey listen, I have to go, I'm really tired." My voice was low, I didn't have the energy to talk louder and my chest was burning with unbearable pain. "Hey, you sure you're okay-" I hung up on her and tossed my phone to the side.

'Am I insane for thinking Alice liked me?' I rolled my eyes at myself, 'Emotions like these are hard to feign, why does Alice do it so well?'

All these thoughts kept rolling through my head and I didn't catch a break from them. Every single question was brought up about how Alice was embarrassed about that situation when she didn't look at me from when Lucy told me that she was trying to get her to not call me.

Tears started going down my face. I put my palm up to my face and felt them slide down my cheeks, I wiped them away quickly. "Tears over what?" I told myself, wiping the rest of them away.

'Maybe I thought wrong? Maybe she thinks I was embarrassed and became embarrassed herself?' I tried justifying it, it could've been right, but maybe I'm trying to reassure myself that it wasn't my fault. I shook my head and threw the cigarette butt out, laying down on my bed, I pulled the covers over me and hope sleep would come naturally.

××

Drama broskis, sad face :(. Hope you guys had a good day or having one. 

 hope you enjoyed it anyways! :)