Chapter 12: Afraid

"Little miss, that Haki just now...was that by any chance, yours?"

"Ngh...yeah...." the girl opened her eyes and lifted her head just a little. Her vision was blurry, however, and she couldn't really see who stood before her. "Are you looking...for a fight-...as well? I don't wanna destroy this place...ngh....any more than I already have, since I don't have much on me." As she got off the counter, she struggled to steady herself, and she seemed to want to grab a backpack on the ground, but she ended up snatching the air, and tripping over herself, dropping the hammer in her hand.

The red haired man recognized that this girl was clearly drunk. In this state she probably couldn't tell her left from her right. The girl, however, was determined to grab that backpack of hers. Grabbing nothing but air a few times, she finally got her hands on her backpack. She reached inside and seemed to be searching for something, only to see her take out a small bag and putting it on the counter. So she's paying for the destruction she's caused, the man thought. He found it cute how the girl struggled to get on her feet, so he helped steady her with his right hand.

By now she was losing consciousness, and he wasn't about to leave her here on her own, so he asked his friends to come carry her stuff. One of his friends tried to pick up the hammer, but grunted as he attempted, "What the hell is this hammer made of? It's heavy!"

"What are you talking about Yasopp? How heavy can it be?" the red haired man asked. Another one of his friends came and took the girl from him, and helped carry the girl out of the pub, while the red haired male came over to check out the hammer that's giving his friend a hard time. However, when Yasopp handed him the hammer, it indeed was really heavy, surprising the red haired man. "Whoa! That little girl held this quite easily, but it's unexpectedly heavy." Suddenly something caught his attention. This hammer, looked unusually familiar.

The red haired man took a closer look at the hammer, and his eyes widened. "But this is-"

"Boss what's wrong?"

"This is....Bridgette's hammer." The red haired man spun the hammer around, looking at the other sides. No doubt about it, the design on the metal band rapped around the hammer, he once asked Bridgette to carve him the same design onto the scabbard of his dagger.

"Eh? No, that's too much work," Bridgette replied back then, but ended up doing it anyways when he asked persistently.

"Yasopp, hold this, I need to take my dagger out," the red haired man handed the hammer back. He only had one hand, so he had to get rid of the hammer to grab the dagger he kept tucked in his belt. For years he held onto this dagger, hoping to see the woman who did the carving on it once again. They promised that they'd one day meet each other on the Grand Line, but for some reason she never appeared again.

The designs on the hammer and the dagger matched. He even found H.D.B carved onto the bottom of the hammer. He was sure that this was initials for Houston D. Bridgette. "No doubt about it. This is definitely Bridgette's."

"Bridgette? You mean the woman you said who apprenticed on Roger's ship with you?" Yasopp asked.

"Yeah. That girl, just what's her relationship with Bridgette?"

When Shanna woke up her head felt like it was splitting open. "Urghh," she groaned. "Where am I?" She didn't seem to recognize this room. Wooden floors and wooden walls, even the ceiling was made of wood. Shanna sat herself up, grunting as she did so. "Why does my head hurt so much?"

"That's because you were drunk," said an unfamiliar voice. Shanna's head spun to see who it was. She immediately recognized the three slash scar and crimson red hair.