Chapter 4: Where were you?

Just her luck. She knew the chances yet she still came along. She should have read the signs when she saw the chopped up ship and just ran away, yet she stayed with Luffy, even after they spotted him. She thought she never wanted to see him again. She thought she'd run away the moment she laid eyes on him, but when she actually saw him again since the day they parted almost two years ago....for some reason she just froze in place.

"Oh! It's him! HEY! HEY!" Luffy called out. Even though he knows Shanna and him are not exactly on good terms as of now, Luffy is still grateful to the man who saved him two years ago. "It's you! Do you remember me? Thank you for your help the other day!"

Law heard a familiar voice. He knew the Straw Hats were on this island, since he just saw part of the crew a moment ago. And now he heard the captain of the crew calling out to him. Law turned towards the direction of the voice, and there he was, the familiar straw hat wearing boy with the goofy grin on his face.

"That guy, he's the guy we met at the auction house in Sabaody," Zoro recognized.

"Well yeah, who'd you think?!" Usopp retorted.

Law's eyes widened when he saw a familiar lock of red hair. He knew that shade of red all too familiar. "Sha-" he gasped, jaws dropped in shock. Although her face was turned away, he could tell just by her silhouette. After all, they've known each other for over 13 years by now. There's no way he wouldn't be able to recognize her. "Room!" he shouted. "Shambles!"

"Ah!" the Straw Hats gasped when Shanna disappeared from the back of the alligator centaur that they forced to carry them towards the building. In a blink of an eye Shanna was right in front of Law. Law grabbed her by the arm and turned her face over to face him. Although he already knew that it was her, he still took a good look at her face to make sure.

"Shanna!" he exclaimed. "It's you! It's really you!"

"Law..." Shanna muttered, looking away, refusing to meet his gaze. He must be angry at her, disappointed in her. After all, she ran away without saying anything. She betrayed the crew. It's the code of the pirates that they kill the ones who betray them. Shanna knew this day would come sooner or later. Just as she was ready to accept whatever attack Law was going to throw at her, her eyes widened. "Eh?" She asked as Law wrapped his arms around her torso, pulling her in his chest, hugging her tightly.

"Where were you?!" Law demanded. "I looked all over that island for you! I searched everywhere for you! You didn't even have a vivre card! You know how hard it was to search for you?! Just where did you run off to?!"

"L-Law?" Shanna's voice trembled. Her eyes started to sting and her stomach started to churn. Even though she told herself that she hates him. Even though she decided that her heart won't ever waver for anybody ever again.... And yet when faced with this man, all the promises she made to herself seemed to fly out the window. Just as her hands trembled uncontrollably, lifting, little by little, as if about to hug him back, a piece of memory flashed before her. A woman....

Shanna gritted her teeth, and she pushed Law away. "Shanna?" gasped. Her blood started to boil, her brows furrowed in anger. How dare he? How dare he act like he cares about me? "Shanna, everyone's waiting for you! The other are at-"

"Stop!" Shanna screamed. She covered her ears and shook her head refusing to listen. "I don't want to know! I don't want to go back! Stop saying my name like you care about me! Just ignore me! Like you always do! I'm never going back! I ha-"

"SHANNA!" Luffy shouted, snapping Shanna out of it. She turned around to look at Luffy, who gazed at her with an intense expression. His brows tightly knitted, and his eyes wide and stern as he walked over to her. "Don't. Don't say anything you'll regret."