Chapter 10: Normal Reaction

2 years ago

"Come on Captain, you'll help them right?"

Law looked back at the puppy dog eyes of his crew, a big annoyed scowl on his face. The stare off lasted for a good two minutes as the softies of the crew consisting of Shachi, Penguin, Bepo, and Shanna kept staring at him with those big googly eyes. 

Law pointed Kikoku at his crew. "We're pirates! We're not here to do charity!" he said.

"But Law, you're a doctor! Doctors save lives!" Shanna protested.

"Do you not have any sympathy for them??" Shachi asked.

"Captain don't be so cruel!" Bepo exclaimed.

"Please! Captain!!!!" Penguin begged. 

"Ngh-" Law cringed as the four of them pleaded to him.

"Pleaaaaaseeeee!" The pirate captain had no choice but to give in. "YAYYYY!"

Shanna immediately stepped up. She's always the one with the crazy ideas. "Okay, so while Law heals the civilians, Shachi, Penguin, you guys infiltrate into the Big Boss's mansion and kidnap him! Bepo, Jack, and the fighters, come with me to destroy that factory!"

"Hey, who said you get to be in charge?" Law demanded as he grabbed Shanna by the collar, pulling the girl towards him. 

"Ehehehe," Shanna laughed with a cheeky grin. She looked up at Law. Seeing her innocent smile, Law's eyes couldn't help but soften. "I can't?"

Law sighed. "Fine." 

"Yahoo!" the girl jumped. "Let's go!" She waved her hammer in the air, and the crew cheered. 

The island they arrived at was big, probably one of the biggest islands they've come across on the Grand Line. The country on this island is very advance in technology, and most of the workers here are factory workers, engineers, etc. However, there is no single ruler in this country. It is run by an oligarchy. The Big Bosses that own the factories essentially rule this country. However, for the sake of their profits, the Big Bosses decided to dump all chemical waste into the civilian's drinking water, causing the poor to lack clean drinking water.

Law stayed in the town they docked at, and used his devil fruit power to remove any of the chemicals inside the bodies of the citizens while he waited for his comrades to come back. It didn't take long for him and the civilians to notice a large explosion at the factories. From afar Law could see tiny figures jump out of the factory as it exploded. Those idiots......

The small little figures got bigger and bigger as they ran their way towards him. "YAHOO!" Shanna jumped up in the air, having the time of her life. "That was amazing!"

"Captain, Shanna-chan, we got the Big Boss!" Shachi and Penguin carried a large tied up man and dropped him down on the ground. Shanna had no idea which one of them stuffed his sock in the Big Boss's mouth but it smelled. 

"Where's the other three?" Shanna asked, holding her nose.

"You just said bring the Big Boss you didn't say which and you didn't say how many," Shachi reminded. 

"Oh...."

Law placed his hand on his face, shaking his head and sighing loudly. "This is why I always tell you to think things through before you act. You always do this, just charge in, blow things up, leave a big mess. Have you never heard of planning?" he asked Shanna. He raised his hand up, cupping her cheek with it. He brushed her hair out of her face, grazing his thumb over her cheek. "You're injured."

"It's just a scratch," Shanna said. Law glanced at the rest of the crew. There were a few scratches, bruises, burns, etc, but nothing major. 

"Go get yourselves patched up. We're leaving immediately."