[13] Drunk Compliments

B A D
B O Y ' S
G A M E

At six in the evening, Archer's phone rang, when he didn't reply the first time it rang again. And again. And again until he answered due to my curious stare at it.

"What?" he asks into the phone roughly.

We've now defeated the box of pizza and I was fixing to go, I couldn't stay over his house forever.

"I'm going to go now," I mouth to him, picking up my belongings.

I walk to the front door and twist it until it opens up, a body blocking my way a mere second later.

Archer gives me one finger and mouths something.

One second.

"Zac, I don't have time for this and I feel like shit," he says casually into the phone.

I can faintly hear a deep voice on the other end before Archer hangs up, putting his phone into a pocket.

"You don't have a ride," he says to me, blocking my way out.

"I'll walk," I say, trying to move around him.

"You don't even know where you are," he replies.

I let out a deep sigh, he's right, I could be anywhere.

"And?" I question, hoping he'll cut to the chase.

"Let me drive you," he offers, or rather he demands.

"You're not driving while you're sick," I retort, pushing him out of my way slightly.

"Yes, yes I am."

He moves his arms around me and he gets a grip on my waist, holding me in a romantic position.

"I'm going to kiss you and spread my sickly germs to you if you don't let me drive you home," he threatens with a sweet voice.

I sigh, a sigh of defeat, Archer takes that sigh as acceptance and grabs a set of keys from the coffee table. After we make our way out of the house he leads me to a covered up car, taking off the cover to reveal that the car is in fact mine.

"That's my car," I say out loud, wide-eyed.

"I may have fixed it up in my free time," he starts to explain, just to continue after he opens up the passenger side's door, "I'm not done fixing it up, but it at least should run a couple times."

I step into my baby blue beetle, happy to be back in my car. I haven't seen my car in awhile, myself idiotically letting Archer take care of his mistake he made weeks ago.

Archer too steps into the car and starts the engine, no cranking sound coming out this time.

"How about this, I drop you off tonight and you let me finish up with your car in the next couple days," he proposes.

I nod, indicating that I'm fine without my car. I'm not incredibly fond of driving so not having it wouldn't be too much of a burden.

"So, instead of towing the car to a repair shop you just took it here?" I question.

He nods and puts his arm around the passenger seat, backing out of the driveway. Archer turns on the radio, fiddling with the stations with his right hand as he drives with his left.

I lean back in my seat, realizing that Archer wasn't in the mood to talk. We sit in silence the ten minutes it takes to get to my house, our breaths the only thing audible throughout the car ride.