Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"So now let me tell you what we wish to eat." She grinned caressing her belly and the man slightly chuckled.

────────

Sahil freshened up and called Rohit to check up on the arrangements at the penthouse. He trusted Rohit with everything yet he couldn't behave emotionally in business.

"Is everything arranged?" He asked the first thing as Rohit answered the phone.

"Yes sir, everything is set. I've double checked everything. Now just the bride and groom are missing." He informed in a sheepish tone which didn't amuse Sahil at all.

"Alright we'll be there soon." The line went dead and Rohit grumbled on the other end.

Sahil looked at himself in the mirror and did not find any traces of a man who was going to get married in a few hours. There was no adrenaline, no nervousness, no excitement, absolutely nothing. And why would there be? This was just a formality. A formality to present his child infront of the world.

With a sigh, he then dialed Aditya's number who picked up in the first call itself.

"So husband-to-be are you excited?" He asked with an excitement of his own as if he was the one getting married.

"Hardly. You tell me is there any media infront of your mansion?" He asked and Aditya scowled into the phone at the boring man.

"Yes there is. And surprisingly the number has increased today. Thank god you arranged the wedding at your penthouse or else it would have been a disaster over here." Aditya shook his head and Sahil pushed his free hand inside the pocket.

"I'll be leaving in twenty. You bring Srishti's friend and be there." He stated and Aditya agreed before they cut the call.

Soon Sahil left first to distract the media that had been outside his gate and Srishti followed behind in a different car.

────────

They reached his penthouse where Rohit, Aditya and Zevah were already present. Zevah had been miffed because she never wanted this for her best friend but there was nothing she could do when Srishti herself was ready for it.

Surprisingly for Srishti, Greta was invited too and that had her thrilled. Apart from Zevah if she had been close to anyone else than that had to be Greta. Just in few days they had developed a bond which was different from all.

With everything ready for the wedding to take place, they only waited for Greta to arrive who did after a good fifteen minutes later. She apologised for being late but Srishti waived it off by hugging her.

"Let's start the wedding." Sahil announced and the four of them witnessed the wedding of the most weird and uninterested couple.

All the rituals were performed until the time of kanyadan came and Srishti felt a bit emotional. Sahil though had planned it as well because he ordered Aditya to do the same.

The pandit though interfered by saying that only a couple had the right to perform this ritual but it didn't matter to Sahil. He insisted that Aditya will do it and no one else and it was then that Aditya pulled Zevah forward to perform the ritual with him.

Shocked she looked at him with wide eyes while he only stared back determined. Zevah was in a dilemma but one look at Srishti's face and she agreed.

It was an emotional moment for both Zevah and Srishti, because never in their wildest dreams they had imagined something like this.

Finally after the pheras were done ; the vermillion was applied and the nuptial chain was tied around her neck, they were declared as husband and wife. The wedding was over and none of them felt anything.

Sahil got up and Aditya came forward to hug him while Zevah stood beside Srishti who only smiled faintly but that too for her child. Rohit and Greta watched them with a smile.

"Rohit, fulfill the formalities for the registration of the marriage and inform me about it as it's done." Sahil ordered and Rohit immediately nodded taking out his phone and getting at his work.

Aditya rolled his eyes while Greta walked towards Srishti giving her, her blessings. Srishti smiled and asked her about her return, "When are you going to return?" She asked with a sad face but Greta only smiled and shook her head.

"I don't think I'll be returning dear. My husband has fallen ill and I have to be there, to take care of him." She explained and Srishti sighed in disappointment but she understood her situation as well.

Soon she took their leave and so only the four of them were left. Rohit came back and informed him that his car was ready.

"So we'll leave as well. Congratulations to this weird newly wedded couple once again." Aditya teased and earned nothing but a glare from Zevah, ignorance from Sahil and a roll of eyes from Srishti.

Zevah hugged Srishti for one last time before they left in pairs.

────────

As Sahil and Srishti entered into the mansion, Srishti felt a tug on her hand as she took a step towards her room. With a frown she looked back and found Sahil holding it.

"Shift your things in my room." He practically ordered and she frowned harder. She had cleared it that she won't be performing her wifely duties then why was he asking her to stay with him, in his room?

"I don't ─"

"I'm not asking this because we got married. It is because of what happened in the morning. I don't want you running from there to here in the midnight when you crave for something. Stay in my room until your pregnancy. I won't stop you to move out after that." He declared and she felt embarrassed for having done what she did in the morning.

"Let's go. I'll ask one of the servants to shift your things." This time she nodded and left with him for his room.

Once inside, he first made her sit on the bed and then went to change his clothes. Srishti looked around his room feeling awkward because her room was more vibrant.

"Do you need to change?" His voice startled her and she looked at him with a jerk. Calming down she closed her eyes before opening them again and giving him a nod.

"I'll send your clothes here. Also if you need help you can tell me." Without another word he left the room leaving her stunned.

Why was he behaving like a husband already? Alright he was still cold but he acted like he cared for her or was it only for this unborn child?

I can't believe I've written 24 chapters of this book already! :p