48.

🤍Y/N🤍

It was the middle of the night as I was laying next to Chris in the bed. He was sleep and my phone just continued to vibrate which annoyed the hell out of me. I got up grabbing my phone and went to get some water. I unlocked it seeing my phone blown up with tweets from twitter. I went into the app seeing that it turned from its being an issue that I'm dark skin woman to now saying things on my name because I'm dating a white man and not a black man.
Not only were black men dragging me but so were white women.

A guy stepped in with a tweet almost a million people retweeted and commented on in this situation.

Nothing had to do with color I was just doing me

Nothing had to do with color I was just doing me. Some black men and white women were saying "I just wanted mixed kids" , "this is why we love our white women because all you black women are gold diggers", "Chris only wanted me for a fetish" ,
"Chris downgraded when he got with a dark skin black woman"" or "I wasn't really happy in the relationship I was just trying to show Chris off as a prize" when that wasn't the case at all. I love Chris and I wouldn't be in a relationship if I didn't love him or find him respectful.

I looked at the time and decided to call Abriana. She answered automatically "I was just about to call you, you okay?" She asked. "Yeah I'm okay" I said but deep down I felt childhood trauma trying to come back up but then again I knew I was beautiful.

"You are so pretty and don't let none of these little ass kids tell you different." She said as I faintly smiled. "Thank you, I just don't understand why they have such a problem with me being happy and with Chris" I stated as she sighed.

"Not all black men think like this but the ones who are commenting and have a problem with that is because to them you're either not supposed to find love because of your skin or they feel you upgraded because you're with a white man instead of the men who are bashing you" she explained.

"But I like all races" I started off "yeah but men especially of our race have an issue when we date outside of our race but then when they do it and we speak out about it we're automatically called jealous and bitter" Abriana explained.

"But I'm happy" I started off as a tears started falling from my eyes. "And you stay that way Baby, don't let what Karen or a bitter ass black man have to say dictate your future with Chris" she started off then sighed. "I went through the same thing. With jay and still going through it because he's Asian" she said.

"They say how much we are bitter and don't understand them and how much white women are so much better but yet when we date outside our race also it's a problem" she said as I sniffled. "They say hurtful things like that to you because they're insecure about their own skin and you're a threat to them. You're smart, You don't put up with their bullshit nor their games, the men who disrespected you are weak because they fear when they see a strong black woman" she explained.

"Momma warned you when you got with Chris this was possibly going to happen along with getting married to him and having a baby it just came sooner than expected. But like she also said you love who you love Y/N don't let these negative ass people tear you down, me as a light skinned woman myself we are boosted but I don't believe in knocking down someone else's beauty because of their skin." She explained.

"Chris didn't downgrade shit he upgraded to a fine ass chocolate woman who got her shit together and who brings several things to the table in a relationship besides sex" she expressed making me smile.

"Now go to sleep I know this has been on your mind, I'll see you tonight and if Sarah say something slick about this situation I'll handle her ass, you don't say anything I'll handle Twitter all of that just spend time with your boyfriend" she said as I smiled some.

"Okay" I said wiping my tears "don't cry you're too pretty" she said as more tears rolled down my cheek. I seen Chris walk in about to drink a bottle of water but then he stopped in his tracks.

 I seen Chris walk in about to drink a bottle of water but then he stopped in his tracks

I looked at him and immediately wiped my tears away. "I'll see you tomorrow bri" I said as we said our goodbyes and I hung up. I wiped my under my eyes placing a faint smile on my face. "What's wrong?" He questioned. "Nothing I'm just being sensitive" I said waving it off as he looked at me concerned.

"Y/N I know when something's going on with you" Chris said as I sighed "nothing don't worry about it, I'll get over it" I said before walking up to Chris, getting on my tippy toes and planting a kiss on his cheek. I went in my room taking a deep breath before getting under the covers and turning off my phone.

I closed my eyes as I heard Chris come in the room closing the door and sliding in the bed next to me. He snaked his arm around my waist as my back was facing him. Chris kisses my neck "tell me what's bothering you" he said softly in my ear. I slowly turned on my back "Twitter is just getting to me I'll get over it" I stated.

"You know you're beautiful right?" Chris questioned "Chris I have dried up tear stains on my face" I said as he chuckled "it doesn't matter you're still beautiful to me" he said as I faintly smiled. "Don't shut me out over people who are insecure about themselves, don't waste your tears on something that isn't true" he said wiping a tear that rolled down my eye as I nodded and he smiled kissing my lips.

"I've been getting shit since we were even in the media together and I still want to keep going, don't let this make you feel as if you're less than when you're very valuable" he said as I nodded "okay" I stated making him smile and he pecked my lips again. I laid my head on his chest as he held me and I just smiled.

I soon fell back to sleep and woke up around nine Chris and I just laid in the bed honestly watching the Macy's Christmas Day parade on TV. I grabbed my phone as my phone was now blowing up about Chris tweeting out for the first time since everything went down on twitter.

 I grabbed my phone as my phone was now blowing up about Chris tweeting out for the first time since everything went down on twitter

I just giggled he was going to make someone mad and the thing was he didn't give a fuck. I sat my phone down receiving "Merry Christmas" text messages here and there. I just laid cuddled up next to chris, feeling him kiss on me every now and then.