A Garden in Rosetta

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail

A/N: The next few chapters are focus on Harpocrates and Perses along with another mage that doesn't get enough attention in this fandom along with their guild. Fairy Tail takes place in a massive world with so many ways of expanding on it. Now while that wasn't the main case and Fiore and Team Natsu got most of the spotlight, it does leave a lot up to the fandom to work on.

I would like to thank Tenryu no hoko for helping me with this chapter. Go check out their stories when you have the chance.

Please leave a Review, Fav, or Follow if you want.

A Garden in Rosetta

The city of Rosetta. The so-called "Jewel of the North".

Founded in x592 by a group of Fiore's merchants on the country's northern coastline and located just twenty miles from the Fiore/Seven border; this city sports massive bustling trading port and a large population of around one hundred thousand souls, thus making it the sixth-largest city in the country right after Crocus and the four regional capitals. It even styles itself in the same manner as the country's capital, the only things it was missing were famous monuments such as the Domus Flau and Mercurius. A number of high nobles have complained about this being the upmost showing of the city and its ruling members arrogance yet the Royal Family has stayed quiet on this matter.

Anyway, this has made it a constant hotstop for merchants and their goods for nearly two centuries. Due to it's proximity to the border it is also the perfect place for someone with a less-than-honorable reputation to hide due to the constant flow of travelers if one was willing to keep to themselves and not cause a scene. The main factor to this is because despite it's importance to the country's economy there is nearly no military presence within the city as the imposing Fort Udadan was actually at the border and the city guard is just a tenth the size that it should be for a city as large as Rosetta.

This was because a few years ago, the city's government wish for the merchants to operate on a near-autonomous level without interference from local law enforcement, thus boosting trade within its borders and cementing its place as the second most financially profitable city in the country behind the capital. While there were still laws that needed to be upheld in order to maintain balance and stability, these were largely enforced by the city's merchant guild.

One would think that with all of these loose security measures in place that the "The City of Traders" would be a place of rampant crime and debauchery but that was far from the case for one thing and one thing only....

It was the only city in Fiore where the local magic guild actually assisted the city guard in enforcing the law instead of actively breaking it. Such a role was approved by both the Royal Family and the Magic Council seeing how neither one could field a garrison there without disrupting the flow of trade, so a compromise was reached with the guild being the only ones who could aid the small city guard and keep the peace.

Subsequently, because it was an all-female guild, the major crime districts shrunk dramatically within a year of the guild taking over until they nearly disappeared.

Or so they thought, for a long as there are humans there will always be a place for the scum of society to mingle and do business.

Harpocrates and Perses just had to find it.

And that what was the duo was currently doing as they walk down Rosetta's main road through the crowds, their hoods concealing their faces and their weapons covered up by large pieces of cloth. Thanks to the little chat with Banaboster, the information he gave them eventually led them to Rosetta where Jack Dime was allegedly hiding out. Now where exactly he was hiding out in a place like Rosetta was a whole other matter.