Mt. Hakobe Pt. 1

Chapter 7

The blizzardvern barrel her way toward Chelia, Bana, and the unconscious Romeo, kicking large chunks of snow in the process as she close the gap between her and the trio if someone didn't do something and fast.

"Sky God's Explosive Wind!" She released a massive stream of black wind into the snow beneath them by launching her arm forward in a punch-like motion. It resulted in a large plume of snow to explode into the air and blinded the blizzardvern from swooping down on them.

As she came around for a second time she tried finding her prey only to see nothing but an empty field. It seemed as if they disappeared into thin air but unfortunately they were still stuck there.

Using quick thinking Chelia released her attack at the ground to not only blind the wyvern but to create a hole in the ground to hide and think of a plan unfortunately it was a tight fit with all three in there.

"We need to think of something but I can't heal him and fight!" She looked at his slowly freezing face and noticed that his eyes have rolled into the back of his head.

Unfortunately they did not have time to think as the loud flapping of wings sounded right over their head.

"Duck!" Chelia grabbed Bana and pulled Romeo underneath her as the Wyvern stomped into the hole with one of her incredible long talons and pierced into her back as she protected the two with her body. It was easy prey for the beast, like throwing a spear into a barrel of fish.

"AHHH!" Her yell of pain was over taken by the loud cry the wyvern gave of her victory as she then flew forward without removing her talon in the hole to create a long trench from their original hiding hole.

"But why protect us?" Bana was lost for words as Chelia tried catching her breath while healing the wound on her back.

"I don't know. My body just moved on its own, just don't tell him about it", she said while thinking, "Can't have this idiot of a dragon-slayer die without me having a rematch first."

She looked up from both of them to see the long trench the beast made from her talon and grimaced at the phantom pain in her back.

Bana moved out from under her and began climbing out of the hole.

"Chelia!" Bana yelled out as he takes Romeo's short swords out of their sheath, leaps out the trench, and began walking towards the wyvern with a fierce look in his golden eyes, "Stay here!"

"And what are you going to do?!"

"Distract her of course while you heal Romeo! I rather have two slayers fighting this thing with me instead of just one!", as a bright light starts to shine off Bana's body. Soon the short exceed is replace by a muscular humanoid cat standing six feet tall with black wings folded on his back.

"What the-?" Her eyes were shocked at the sudden transformation because she had never seen an exceed do that before. The Twin Dragons exceeds have never been known to do that.

"Explain later! Heal Romeo now!", as he unfolded his wing and prepared to launch towards the oncoming wall of flesh, teeth, and claws at full sprint.

"...and thanks." Chelia shielded her eyes at his sudden take-off as the force kicked up snow into the air. She returned her attention to healing Romeo while mumbling something about dumb dragon slayers and how overconfident they were.

The wyvern was easily twenty times Bana new size but that didn't deter the silver exceed from charging straight at it nimbly dodging the bite she try to catch him in and landing on the top of her head and laying into her with a series of blade strikes that manage to actually inflicts a number of wounds on the beast and distracted her from the God-Slayer who was busy healing the knock-out dragon slayer.