Perfect Duo

MiraJane looked at me for a second and she broke down too. Levy smiled at me through her tears and she squeezed me tighter. " LUCY! " Mirajane turned and then tugged me into the trees. " The rest of the guild is looking for us in hopes of finding you, Lucy. We've been searching for days. " Mirajane said and gestured at Levy and then herself. " We've missed you and judging by what Zeref told us, you've missed us too. " She whispered and I hugged her again. " That's just the problem though. I'm running from Zeref now. I have to get away. I- I can't trust him. He said terrible things. But they were true. Natsu does own me. Every single part of me, down to my soul. I love him and I'm never giving that up. " I sobbed into her chest and I felt Mira's hand stroke my head tenderly.

" If that's what you feel you need to do then we're one hundred percent behind you! " Levy stage whispered and I smiled through my tears. " Then we're leaving for the magnolia train station immediately. Let's get going! " I whispered back and we snuck through the trees towards the very edge of the forest. MiraJane put her hand out in front of me just as I was about to leap over the wall of shrubbery that blocked my escape. " The guild is close. I can see Natsu and Lissana! " Levy said quietly and I flinched into Mira's arm. " It'll all be over soon, Luce. I promise. " She said and I nodded minutely at her. Mira looked at me then at Levy and we all grabbed hands.

MiraJane nodded at us as soon as the last guild member past our hiding place. We crept out of our hiding place and began speed walking to the next stretch of trees until I heard two familiar voices cry out, one in my head, the other out loud. " They know where I am! " I shouted just seconds before I made eye contact with Natsu, and Zeref began to scream in my head. Ironically they shouted the same thing at the same time. " Lucy! I found you! Don't move! " I took off running with MiraJane and Levy right behind me. " Run, Lucy! " Levy shouted at me and she turned to face the crowd. I stopped, turned around, and then ran for Levy. " Levy don't be a hero! Run! Or I'll carry you! " I shouted but she shook her head at me. " Just trust me, Lucy! MiraJane make sure both of you make it to the train in one piece! I'll see you there! " She shouted at me and MiraJane and I started crying.

MiraJane caught me around the waist and heaved me over her shoulder while she ran. " We have to go back for her! Mira stop! They'll hurt her to get to me! STOP! We have to go back! " I screamed in her ear and Mira shook me just enough for me to shut up. " Lucy, I know that but she has Gajeel and he'll protect her. No doubt about that. Besides Levy is a smart girl. She can handle herself. " MiraJane said but I heard her sniffle and I knew she didn't want to leave Levy behind anymore than I did. " Okay. She'll be fine. " I said and began repeating it in my head.

No she won't. Not if I don't help her. Gajeel isn't with them. If he was he would have come to help her already. Turn around and see for yourself, Lucy.

I froze in MiraJane's arms and she noticed immediately. " What is it, Lucy? " She asked anxiously and all I could do was stare at her. " MiraJane let me down. " I whispered and she set me on the ground. I turned around and watched as Levy was surrounded by the guild, angry accusations and threats being hurled at her. She stood firm, her face set in stone. " Leave Levy alone! " I shouted and I watched as the faces of my family stared back at me. People began to rush towards me and shout my name but I held up a hand. " Where are Lissanna Strauss and Natsu Dragneel? " I heard a horribly familiar voice and I turned to the trees and saw a shadowy figure step away from the trees. I ran down the field towards the rest of the guild with MiraJane screaming for me to stop.

" Get away! Get away from them Zeref! " I shouted at them and I saw some people freeze while others took on fighting stances. I skid to a halt in front of them. I walked forward and met Zeref halfway. " Ah, Lucy. We really must meet under better circumstances. Anyhow, I need you to step aside. I'll deal with these people myself. You need not soil your hands. I need you completely pure. " He said and several gasps came from behind me but I paid them no attention. I was trying to save their lives so it didn't matter what they thought about me. I raised my hands towards Zeref palms up. " You can have me if you spare them. All of them, Natsu and Lissanna included. " I said and Zeref's face clouded over with rage. " Why do you protect those who are beneath you! They broke you! Shattered you! And you still protect them! You offer yourself to me for them but you couldn't do this willingly? " Zeref shouted at me and I flinched.

" You are truly pathetic, Lucy. What is it that makes you love them so? After everything the did to you, why do you still love them enough to die for them? " Zeref asked quietly and I turned to face the guild members behind me but I answered Zeref and the guilds question. " Because no matter what I am a member of Fairy Tail and Fairy Tail protects it's own. Even when they don't protect you too. These people are still my family, no matter what they do. They may not feel that way but I still do. " I said and turned to face Zeref again. He walked towards me until we were face to face. He stooped a little until we were nose to nose. He smiled lightly at me and he ran one pale finger down my face. " No wonder I love you. Your too kind to these fleas. They don't deserve your sympathy but if this is what you want then I can't deny you. You are completely sure that you want them to live? " He asked and I nodded once, tears collecting in my eyes.

Zeref stood and looked over my head. " Because and only because Lucy dosen't want you all dead at the moment, I'll allow you to live. Whatever she may decided in the future is entirely up to her. So I suggest you watch yourselves fairy trash. " He said and walked back into the forest. Zeref stopped when he reached the first line of trees. He looked at me and sent a message.

Are you coming back to me?

Yes. Thank you. I may not love you yet but I can try.

I winked at him and he chuckled aloud.

You are the perfect girl for me indeed. I'll see you at home.

I blushed and Zeref walked into the trees disappearing from sight. I turned back around to face the guild. They all stared at me in silence and then I was rushed at from all sides. I held my hands up, warning them away from me. I walked over to where Levy was standing and she smiled at me before I hugged her fiercely. " I knew you wouldn't leave me behind. " She whispered in my ear and I laughed a weak laugh. " You just saved the entire guild, Lucy. You do realize that, right? " Levy asked and I realized that the guild was still staring at us. I cleared my throat and closed my eyes then opened them again. Before I could speak someone cut in.

" Why are you back here? " Lissanna asked me and I stared her down. " Is there a problem, Lucy? You claimed that your not a member not 5 days ago. Now you say that we're your family. Which is it? Are you with us or not? And now you're with Zeref, the guy that tried to murder us all? That seems a little fishy to me, don't you think? " She asked and she looked around at the guild members who were looking at her in stony silence. Cana shook her head and I noticed that she wasn't drunk. " Lucy just saved your pathetic excuse of a mage self! Don't you dare belittle her! " She shouted and Lissanna scoffed at her. " You aren't one to talk you drunk bitch! " She howled and Cana hissed at her but Gray held her back. " Lissanna shut up. " I looked up to see Natsu holding Lissanna's arm and Lissanna glaring at him furiously.

" Your always siding with her, Natsu! Why is she so damn special to you? " She whined and then she turned to face me. " You took him from me! Give Natsu back! " Lissanna screeched and I had had just about enough of her. I walked through the crowd and stopped directly in front Lissanna. She glared at me and then slapped me. My head turned to the side and my hair swung in my face. I heard Lissanna laughing and I hissed. " What? Does kitty have a temper? I always knew you were weak. " She laughed and I stood up straight. " I spit to the side and wiped my mouth, a streak of blood coming of on my hand. " Try doing that again, you bitch. I dare you. " I said and Lissanna swung at me again.

I caught her hand mid swing and twisted it behind her back. I leaned in her ear and she wriggled around in my grip. " I told you to stop messing with me. You want Natsu. Take him. But I swear if you come near me again, you'll get worse than this. " I said and kicked her back inward and she howled in pain. I held her arms pinned behind her back and then snapped. Lissanna landed on her face, crying in pain and I huffed. I looked down at her and smirked. " I'm weak you say? Well you just got beat by a weakling so what does that make you? " I said and turned to face Levy. She was looking at me nervously. " What is it, Levy? " I pasked curiously. " One your eyes looked like Zeref's for a second, and we have a train to catch. " She said and then smiled at me as I face-palmed.

I walked over to her and she caught my hand in her own. She tugged my hand and we started walking away before Natsu talked to me. " Are you coming back, Lucy? " Lissanna howled at his request but I smiled lightly at him and I could see tears sparkling in his onyx eyes. " I don't know. Maybe. Come find me when you take out the trash. Bye Natsu. " I said and turned back around. Levy squeezed my hands and only did I realize I was crying when the wind blew the drops off my cheeks. I caught one on my finger and smiled. I would get through this with them. I mean what are friends for anyway?